A Conversation for The bourgeoisie, or how democracy was born

bourgeoisie nad Democracy

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Very Interesting.

You should perhaps include a definition of "bourgeoisie" at the beginning and establish a frame of reference: are you restricting yourself to a European model, or are you comparing the growth of democracy around the world?

Do the negative connotations attached to the word "bourgeoisie" come from a misinterpretation of Marx, or is this a product of the Cold War?

You may have gone a little to far in simplifying the history. Your argument would be stronger if you gave some dates in order to anchor the development in a timeline that readers can relate to. It would probably be enough to say "in the 19th Century", for example, or even to refer to the reign of a particular monarch or dynasty.

A couple of minor points:

The table of contents will probably be edited away. You may want to consider replacing it with an introductory paragraph that defines your terms and lets the reader know what's coming.

I think I would be inclined to eliminate the three headers (the first seems a little superfluous), incorporate the material under the last two headers in your introduction, and use headers in place of your subheaders, which don't give the page as tidy an appearance as headers, in my opinion.

I won't be offended if you choose to ignoore all of this, but I hope it helps.smiley - smiley

JTG



bourgeoisie nad Democracy

Post 2

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

I'll make the changes tomorrow, probably. Exactly for these comments did I ask your presence here... of course I wouldn't ignore your points smiley - smiley


bourgeoisie and Democracy

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Congratulations! The world moves too fast for me.smiley - smiley

JTG


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more