A Conversation for Entry Replaced

Over-moderated

Post 1

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

I have just returned to my personal home page to discover it has been hidden for the third time! All I had done was to delete some stuff that was obsolete, nothing had changed - so why hide it?

I am not happy about this excessive moderation.

I do not swear in my posts, my home page or any other place in h2g2. I do not advocate nasty things that would hurt the delicate sensibilities of the general public. I am not, in short, out to be subversive in any way.,

Can this excessive intrusion please, please, please stop! It is very alienating, and I am seriously considering not contributing to the Guide anymore because of it.


Over-moderated

Post 2

cafram - in the states.

If it's been moderated three times, there's prolly something on there that is against the rules, and you'll prolly have to get rid of it - I had some foreign languages on mine, and although they didn't say anything nasty, it kept getting moderated every time I updated, so I had to remove them. If they catch it once, they'll catch it every time, and you'll have to put up with three days of "article pending moderation" every time you change the tiniest thing - very very annoying, I know smiley - tongueout


Removed

Post 3

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

This post has been removed.


Over-moderated

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Just FYI whoami: That was me who pressed the Yikes button. That's not what I would expect an ACE to suggest to people with a problem.


Tashalls, perhaps you've got a *broken* link on your page ? Sometimes the moderator will only take out the link, sometimes the whole page gets hidden.

Bossel (Scout)


Over-moderated

Post 5

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Kind of funny that I should be moderated in this forum! Oh well, it was only meant as a joke smiley - biggrin. I sure hope Peta understands. I suppose we can't all get it right all the time. I admit that occasionally I Yikes! stuff, so I have nothing against you. Happy h2g2-ing!


Over-moderated

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Oh yeah, so it was me being in humourless mode again smiley - sadface

But a smiley or two would have made the message clear!


Over-moderated

Post 7

cafram - in the states.

Now I'm curious!


Totally standard Bubblish referral

Post 8

Peta

Hi Tashalls

Your page was hidden pending moderation because it contains Bubblish. Every time a page is edited that contains Bubblish, it is referred to Abi who translates the Bubblish *when she has time*. As Bubblish translation is *not* on the top of Abi's work priority list, anything in Bubblish will return eventually, but it'll probably take a few days at least.

So up to you, if you don't want your page to be hidden every time you edit it, can I suggest that you take the Bubblish message off of your personal space, post it onto a separate page and put a link to it from your space?

Peta


Totally standard Bubblish referral

Post 9

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Is Abi the only Bubblish speaker in the Towers, then? What happens when Hugo posts in bubblish - do his conversation postings vanish for three days, or what?

Just curious

JzG


Totally standard Bubblish referral

Post 10

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

The funny thing is, that Bubblish message has not changed since I first posted it, and the only editing I did this time was to remove some other stuff that didn't work or was outdated - hiding my entire personal space simply because I did this seems a bit excessive, that was my point.

I will take the Bubblish off the front page entirely - which is a shame as it's the only thing there at the moment that adds any colour. My fireworks were removed, along with my random quote generator and my picture of a pot plant - I ask you, is there ANYTHING else one can do to make one's personal space interesting any more?

Don't answer that last question, it was rhetorical. It's a shame, because I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time I used to here, and I am not really writing anything for the Guide as a consequence. It's almost like my hotmail address - I will just drop by every now and again to see whether anything has changed.

I am trying not to be frustrated because I know the reasons for moderation etc, it just strikes me as being a bit heavy-handed and quite a lot put-offish.

Thanks for everyone who replied to this post - even though I don't know what the second post was that had to be moderated smiley - smiley, would have been interesting to see what someone had said to me - I assume it was along the lines of "stupid post" or something.


Key: Complain about this post