A Conversation for h2g2 House Rules

Swearing on Hootoo.

Post 1

aonemantidalwave

Right, I have to mention this to you guys. I was yikesed yesterday for an entry where I put this t**t. It was removed. I've just read the house rules and it says you can swear as long as you star the middle letters. That is what i have done. So why the removal? Do you guys like Liam Neeson or something? I cannot check my e-mail at the moment so can you tell me why here and now. If there is no reason for it then kindly reinstate my witty and insightful comment!
Cheers.


Swearing on Hootoo.

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"The correct procedure would be replying to the email, the Italics then get to see it. If you are confident the entry does not break the house rules and you get them convinced it does not you can reinstate the entry.

The discussion whether or not a moderation is correct should go private via email. "


Swearing on Hootoo.

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Speaking generally, mild swearing may be permissable in certain contexts, but we'd prefer you not to swear at all. But even if you star out swear words, if the general tone of your posting is felt to be inappropriate, the Moderators may remove the post entirely.


Swearing on Hootoo.

Post 4

aonemantidalwave

Oh, Ok. I was only slagging off Liam Neeson, which I think is not only appropriate but essential!
I still think it should be re-instated, but not my decision right?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more