Last week we set you a little quiz, here are the answers.
- What was the original title of the movie Help? And which Beatle is demonstrating the semaphore letter 'H' on the cover of the album.?
Eight Arms To Hold You, George.
- What was the last studio recording on which both Lennon and McCartney sang?
- Who answered a newspaper reporter's question with: 'It's getting better all the time' and thus gave McCartney a song title?
Jimmy Nichol, stand-in drummer for the 1965 Australian tour while Ringo was recovering from a tonsillectomy.
- What four job titles are mentioned in the lyrics of Penny Lane?
Barber ('showing photographs'); Banker ('with a motor car'); Nurse ('selling poppies'); Fireman ('rushes in').
- Who is the subject of Sexy Sadie (from the White Album)?
The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, written after an incident in Rishikesh, India.
- What specifically do She's leaving Home and Eleanor Rigby have in common?
They are orchestral tracks and no Beatle played an instrument on them.
- Does Hitler appear on the cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
No, Hitler and a handful of other faces suggested by artist Peter Blake were removed from the line-up when the cover image was shot.
- What is the significance of 28 IF?
It was the number plate of a VW Beetle on the Abbey Road cover, 'Paul is dead' conspiracy theorists believed it was a secret code (ie 28, IF he had lived ... ); other 'clues' from the cover include Lennon in white (the preacher), Harrison in denim (gravedigger), Starr in black, (undertaker) and McCartney barefoot (the corpse). Rubbish of course, unlike the album which is a treasure.
- What was the inspiration for Good Morning, Lennon's 'filler' track on Sgt Pepper's?
A TV advert for Kellogg's Corn Flakes. Lennon wrote it in 15 minutes and later claimed that he hated the song.
- What event took place at Candlestick Park, San Francisco in August, 1966?
The Beatles' last concert performance.