A Conversation for Cannibalism

A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 1

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

This is an entry about the difference between deer shashlik and peer shashlik...
http://www.h2g2.com/A499322


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This is an excellent entry Bossel. Your command of the English language does you credit. Just a couple of things I noticed..
1} Humans WHO eat humans
2} bankruptcy
3} female EATS the male
4} There are lots more diseases {remove the "of"}
The reference to Mike Tyson should be re-worded as the english is not correct, maybe "Go ask Mike Tyson" {as if anybody ~would~}!!!!
And you missed out a great film, "The Silence of the Lambs" the unforgettable Dr. Hannibal Lecter {Hannibal the cannibal} who after murdering his victims, liked to eat their livers with a nice chianti.

And I am recalling that human flesh tastes like pork...
Have you ever heard of the Barber and the neighbouring shop, the Bakery? Whose famed meat pies were supposed to be the best tasting around? The barber was murdering his clients, the baker was converting the flesh into pies...
oh, dear, I feel quite strange.
I will return with more information later, Bossel.
smiley - bubblyon your entry!


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Thanks a lot, AGB. Changes done, and comments appreciated! I still don't know how The Silence of the Lambs vanished, I /had/ it on my script.


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Bossel, the yarn is looking good. One suggestion.....

Legends of cannibal tribes can be found all over the world and an exhaustive list would go through the alphabet several times, including the Ainu (aboriginal inhabitants of Hokkaido), Anasazi (south west USA), Middle and South America, Aborigines in Australia, China, the Easter Islands, New Guinea, the West Indies, peoples all across the pacific ocean like the Maori, Fidji, Melanesia, New Caledonia, Tibet, Sumatra, Africa, New Zealand, and so on.

....reads better as (and is more accurate)

Tales of cannibalism have been reported from many parts of the world. Indigenous people throughout the Americas, Australia, China, Tibet, Africa, the Caribbean, West Indies all, at some stage, practised cannibalism, as did many Polynesian, Melanesian and Micronesian tribes from the Pacific Islands, including the New Zealand Maori people, Fijians, Samoans, Easter Islanders, New Guineains, Hawaiians, Tahitians etc.


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 5

shrinkwrapped

I think this entry is great too, Bossel, but you know that already.


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 6

Salamander the Mugwump

Absolutely excellent article Bossel. Again, you already know I think so. Can't fail to get edited. smiley - smiley


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 7

Wonko

Very good work, Bossel. Maybe I'll eat you. smiley - smiley


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 8

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Thank you all so much smiley - smiley Seems I've hit a spot here...

This Barber-Butcher and Baker story is new to me!

For those who are interested in the plot of Lamm Emirstan, I'll have to recall it from the back of my head, since I didn't find any reference on the Web:
There's a gourmet restaurant which features some delicious lamb (Lamm) every now and then. The 20-something patrons, mostly travelling salesmen, are enthusiastic. Nobody is ever allowed to take a look into the kitchen. Asked about the origins, the landlord tells a story of some sheep which he "holds in a faraway country called Emirstan, rich in grass, on vulcan ground, beautiful landscape and sun all day long. It's only a small flock of some 20 sheep, so there's not a lamb available everyday". Sooner or later a customer mentions that he's going on a long journey the other day. That's the moment when the landlord allows him into the kitchen, and he happens to be able to serve Lamm Emirstan the following day...

bon appetit! smiley - monster


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 9

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

vulcan ground?
~another Star Trek moment~smiley - biggrin
The barber was called Sweeny Todd.smiley - monster


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 10

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

erm, volcanic ground, of course smiley - smiley


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 11

Barnacle

The Barber and the Baker are/is 'Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber' and 'Mrs Lovett's pie shop. There's an excellent review of the various stories in a book published in the 40s 'Boys will be Boys' - sorry but I can't recall the author.

You might like to look up the legend of Sawney Bean also.

Great article!

Cheers,

Barnacle


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 12

Salamander the Mugwump

Oh yes, I forgot Sawney Bean. As far as I remember, he and his family lived in a cave somewhere in Scotland and they ambushed unwary travellers. There were limbs hanging from the roof of the cave to cure and all sorts of grisly gore scattered about, when they were raided by the authorities. It happened Centuries ago but I can't remember when.


A499322 - Cannibalism

Post 13

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - ill
OK, I have read enough.....
Bossel, great entry but I am UNsubscribing from this forum right now!


THREAD CLOSED

Post 14

shrinkwrapped

Congratulations on a fine Entry, Bossel. So fine, in fact, that it's been picked for submission in the Editing process. Wheee! smiley - biggrin Please be, well, very patient while the Sub Eds do their stuff. And of course, you'll get an eMail to let you know when it's added to the Edited Guide.


THREAD CLOSED

Post 15

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

oooh, I'm surprised and delighted! smiley - biggrin
TWO days from putting up till recommendation. And I was just going to point all the man-eaters at the supposedly complete list of cannibals at [URL removed by moderator]


Congratulations!

Post 16

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post