A Conversation for Cannibalism

This is ready for the pot

Post 1

Salamander the Mugwump

That's pretty comprehensive Bossel. Take it to peer review. You hadn't when I started writing this. Everything I thought of saying as I was reading, you mentioned as I got further into the article. I thought, I'll tell him about the Fore people and kuru - then you mentioned it. I thought I'll tell him about the "long pig" description of humans as food for humans - then you mentioned it. Almost all the things that occurred to me that you could put in this article, you did put in.

Here's what's left that you didn't mention:

1) There's a film called (as far as I remember) "Eating Raoul". I've probably spelt "Raoul" wrong - I think it's a Spanish name.

2) Domesticated herbivorous animals (cows and sheep mainly) that are fed ground up meat by-products. You did mention BSE and CJD but you didn't mention its probable source - the feeding of meat to herbivores that are then eaten by humans.

Great article. I reckon it's ready to run the gauntlet! smiley - smiley

Sal


This is ready for the pot

Post 2

Salamander the Mugwump

I almost forgot the most important thing. There was a documentary on a few months ago about cannibalism in North Korea. I think it was part of the Amnesty International series of programmes. They interviewed people who had escaped from North to South Korea and they sent in spies, to check out their stories. It was incredibly risky. These people were risking their lives. Anyway, what they found was that life has become unbearably hard in North Korea with famines that go unreported to the outside world, because of their political system and that leader they have (Kim something or other - both North and South have a leader called Kim something or other and I don't want to bad-mouth the one that's ok). Cannibalism has become so common that recognisable bits of human bodies are sold openly in street markets. Horrifying!

You might find some information on it at the BBC web site or possibly Channel 4. I can't remember which station I watched it on. Amnesty International might also have a web site that you could try.

Sal


This is ready for the pot

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Thank you very much! I gave it the final touches now, and am going to put it up on Peer Review now.


This is ready for the pot

Post 4

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

Well done! (what else can I say?)


This is ready for the pot

Post 5

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

hey, thanks, Feffi! Should we try and suggest a new menu at Bolle's place? smiley - monster


This is ready for the pot

Post 6

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

That's a great idea...you know after all that beef trouble anyway smiley - winkeye


This is ready for the pot

Post 7

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

yeah, it's exactly the right time of year now. Long enough before lent... baah, macabre


This is ready for the pot

Post 8

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

smiley - monster


This is ready for the pot

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Oh, think we should switch to some other topic. Brian seems to need a sick bag smiley - sadface


This is ready for the pot

Post 10

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

Maybe we should...I mean I've never actually seen an egg throwing up, but I think I can well do without that experience...
smiley - erm So what's a good topic to talk about?


This is ready for the pot

Post 11

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

erm, Carnival perhaps, I'm trying to find people for a cooperative (sp?) entry ?


This is ready for the pot

Post 12

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

Let me think...Well, not so much about the real carnival but I come from a small town with quite some tradition in the Allemanische Fasnet...best thing anyway always was the Schulstürmung smiley - winkeye


This is ready for the pot

Post 13

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

That's just about the stuff I'm looking for!
Thinking of a global section about "11" (not 42), heathenish beliefs etc, and then lots of regional stuff from everywhere.


This is ready for the pot

Post 14

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

Might be able to give you some info then...Where are you actually from?


This is ready for the pot

Post 15

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

originally from halfway between Frankfurt and Kassel, but now it's Munich.


Removed

Post 16

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 17

Feffi (Keeper of playground sunbaths on even days)

This post has been removed.


Key: Complain about this post