A Conversation for Platypus Dancing

You had an ART teacher???

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Cool.

We had a marvelous man with Gucci loafers who simply couldn't stand us Philistines.

I don't remember that he ever actually attempted to teach us anything.

He did play 'The Nutcracker' at us.

Being yahoos north of Pittsburgh, we didn't really get it.smiley - winkeye


You had an ART teacher???

Post 2

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Ah. Yes.

In Junior High School, our art teacher, whose name escapes me, played comedy recordings, including "The Smothers Brothers live at the Purple Onion". "Mom always liked you best."

Yes, I had several art teachers over the years. Art was one of the few things I always got decent marks in. There are many who are probably glad I gave up painting, but thousands of blank pieces of paper and poster board have been assaulted over the last thirty years with varying degrees of success.


You had an ART teacher???

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - wow I'm impressed at your extensive knowledge and background.

What a cool teacher, though, to play the Smothers Brothers at you. I can see how that would be inspiring.

Especially for cartooning.smiley - winkeye

I have a sister who's artistic. We framed her stuff. (We hid mine in the attic, to spare the innocent.)


You had an ART teacher???

Post 4

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Oh, me mum has none of my stuff, except the doodles I put in letters and the nasty christmas cards with Santa Rat I've sent over the years.
I don't even think my father has anything of mine.


You had an ART teacher???

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

You draw pictures of Santa as a rat???smiley - yikes

smiley - rofl

You'd be surprised. When my mother died, my father went through the things she'd saved...

Every card we'd made her, my sister and I. I'd storyboard and write the 'poems', my sister would draw...


You had an ART teacher???

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

Have a look here for the Santa Rat:

A44795154



You had an ART teacher???

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Elegant.smiley - smiley Wonderful.smiley - biggrin

Love the fleadeer.smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Platypus Dancing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more