A Conversation for Mark, The Editor

Caption

Post 1

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

"I am very happy to be able to make this offer available to our viewers. And if you call now, we'll throw in an acre of ocean-front property in Arizona."

(In explanation to our readers, this parodies late night infomercials. Also, Arizona is a land-locked state.)

smiley - winkeye

G7


Caption

Post 2

Peregrin

On the surface Mark seemed happy, but deep down he knew everybody was laughing at him.


Caption

Post 3

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

"Look! Here's a blank sheet of paper!"


Caption

Post 4

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Hee hee hee... no one knows my true powers!!! smiley - smiley If I look like a cream puff, they will never ask what this paper is...

I hold in my hands the results of the U.S. Election!!! And the stupid Yanks will never really know for sure... serves them right for denying Great Britain!!! smiley - tongueout


Caption

Post 5

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Mark's just seen his upcoming salary for 2001, and he's spent it all already:"Cheers everyone!!!!"


Caption

Post 6

Bluebottle

"I need the loo, but this map says there aren't any for 5 miles!"


Caption

Post 7

Martin Harper

"The count seemed friendly, but Penelope was still concerned that he cast no reflection in the mirror"

{that *is* a mirror behind him, right?}

OR

"The latest addition to the tellytubbies was having problems controlling his stomach"


Caption

Post 8

shrinkwrapped

"Oh! A camera. Must... look... happy..."


Caption

Post 9

Bluebottle

"Mark was so drunk that he started chatting up a pot-plant, confusing it for Mina's hair..."
(With apologies)


Caption

Post 10

Wayfarer -MadForumArtist, Keeper of bad puns, Greeblet with Goo beret, Tangential One

"Want the photos? Can't have 'em! NOW we'll see who's stupid, Mr."I can stuff more peanuts up my nose than you"! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!"


Caption

Post 11

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

"You've got to be joking. I'm not going to show you the details of Ripley 2.0"

JOTD: You buttered your bread, now lie in it.


Caption

Post 12

sawahbean

And in other news:
Tree-huggers may mant to think twice about saving their precious greenery.
Yes, the plant looks harmless in this photo. But, in a terrible twist of fate, this man was mutilated right after the picture was taken.
Apparently, the white piece of paper is a signal of declaration of war in the plant's native tongue. The man struggled bravely, screaming like a girl, for around thirty seconds as horrified onlookers... looked on, horrified.
His family stated that he wouldn't have wanted to be viewed as a hero, and that all memorial contrubutions should go to some organization that cuts down trees, or possibly one that burns hippies.
Thank you for joining us, and remember: it's eleven o'clock, do you know where your children are?


Caption

Post 13

Abi

The Caption competition is now closed. Thanks for your entries. We will anounce the winner next week. Best of luck! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post