A Conversation for IKEA - the Swedish Solution

A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 1

reggies

http://www.h2g2.com/A489008

I wrote it, I like it and I believe it contains some absolutely necessary information for everyone who likes to shop or redecorate the home.
It can save lives and lots of money.


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 2

Merdo the Grey, Patron Saint of fuzzy thinking

*has a lot of IKEA items in his own house*

Now, I don't know what the Dortmunder branch of IKEA is like, but knowing the Oslo, Arvika, and Newark NJ branches are like, I think no article about IKEA can be complete and balanced without covering the checkout system, which may well be one of the slowest in the galaxy.

Otherwise, a good article, although perhaps it is too uncritical an advertisement for one of the big money-makers of the planet.

~^M^~


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 3

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I like it too, but there's something you ought to change: Guide entries must be written in 3rd person. Please no 'I' and 'we' there! If you /must/ tell a piece of your experience then you can use neutral speaking like 'One researcher felt that...' or so.

Can you tell something about the quality of their items? I know they have a reputation somewhere close to 'Jaffa' furniture (you know those boxes they deliver oranges in...), and perhaps something about them giving any small lamp a name of its own... smiley - smiley


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 4

Sol

I've always found the quality of IKEA a bit pants actually. And it is irritating that if you want to buy a cusion you have to drag round the whole store to get there. smiley - smiley


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 5

Beeblefish

I like this article, it wouldnt be so hard to de-personalise it and it has some good historical points in it. Mentioning the fact that each product has its own name (explicitly .. its there but not emphasised) would be great!

Good Job!

Beeblefish (Scout)


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 6

reggies

That's just great. I haven't been to h2g2 for quite a while, and now I can't cope with the NEW h2g2. I just wrote something which instantly disappeared again.
Anyway, what I meant to say was Thank You; I thought there were a few things you were quite right about. The check-out is unbelievably slow. So that should be mentioned. And I guess I DO have to do something about this 3rd person point of view thing.
Where I don't agree is the quality of IKEA products. I think they are quite good. And I am simply impressed by their way to maneuver us around the store (hence my article). I don't HAVE to buy anything after all, do i?
Well, thanks again for your thoughts. Come and stop by to see the new version in a little while.


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 7

Mr. Cogito

Hello,

I personally think IKEA could be a great solution for reducing the teen pregnancy rate here in America. They could bus in kids as warning lessons. I'll say that after spending 10 minutes in a store surrounded by tired parents and their screaming brood, I certainly lost any urges to procreate for a while. smiley - smiley

Yours,
Jake


A489008 - IKEA the Swedish solution

Post 8

Beeblefish


Canned bit:

"Thanks for your recommendation. You'll be glad to know that we think this entry is great, and it has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. When it does get into the Edited Guide, we will email to let you know, but please bear in mind it can take a while for entries to go through the sub-editing system. Thanks for writing for the guide!"

Personal bit:

smiley - smiley I was happy to see this one come up .. if you make any changes after this point make sure to note them in this forum so that the sub can include them, as he will be receiving the version as it is now.

So sit back on your STUR drinking from you GLASE while it goes through the process.

Cheers!

~Beblefish/Nathan


Congratulations!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for IKEA - the Swedish Solution

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more