A Conversation for Clifford about music: History of "THE RAMONES"

Phil Ramone

Post 1

Tatsuya

So I'd always sort of assumed that Phil Ramone the record producer was an ex-Ramone? There deosn't seem to be a Phil in you list. Is the name a complete coincidence, or is he a relative or something?


Phil Ramone

Post 2

Clifford Mortimer Fitzgerald Masters III

hmmm.... there might have been some short-time members or a producer who bore the name "Ramone".
But I don't think it was a relative, cuz the name "Ramone" has its origin in some movie in which John Lennon plays a character called "Ramone". The Ramones (especially Joey) were great admirers of The Beatles.
But if there is a record producer who is in any way related to the band, I certainly have to add that to this entry. I'm still working on it, anyway.
Thanks for reading! (...did you like it?) smiley - wow


Phil Ramone

Post 3

Tatsuya

Yeah, its great! I decided to attach the post to the page not the Peer Review forum because it didn't directly relate to the accuracy / style etc. of the page.

I'm working on several entries about various (mainly unheard-of by English-speakers) groups / musicians, and I was looking around to see how long /short /what kind of info other researchers have put in.
I had Phil Ramone on the brain because I was attempting to compile enough info for an entry on French singer Patricia Kaas, one of whos albums was produced by him.

By a Strange Coincidence, I had tripped over your entry just moments before I saw it on the Peer Review page and read it properly. I happened to search the guide for any sign of Nina Hagen: she has two tracks on POP2000, a recent project of Herbert Gr nemeyer (on whom I'm also trying to put together an entry).

Lets see then; back to our Phil. Hmm. Google has just turned up http://www.vex.net/~paulmac/carpenter/articles/phil_ramone.html which seems quite detailed. Doesn't seem to be a link with the Ramones though. Oh well. [I had the idea he had produced one of Blondie's almbums too at one point, but I guess that was just my three brain cells adding CBGBs to CBGBs and making 5]. I think Phil Ramone is pretty famous though, so a note that he's _not_ a Ramone Ramone is probably worth it?

Good luck with the ongoing research!


Pop 2000

Post 4

Clifford Mortimer Fitzgerald Masters III

pop2000. is actually not only a project by Herbert Grönemeyer, but a series of documentary films produced by the Hamburg-based production company "Me, Myself and Eye" and the public tv station WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk).....


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Clifford about music: History of "THE RAMONES"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more