A Conversation for Las Fallas

Amazing

Post 1

Estrella

Hi

Just read your piece on Las Fallas....I have been living here in Valencia for a year and I was really looking forward to Las Fallas the whole time! When it arrived, well, it was sheer madness! It is actually just crazy....!This year, watching Pinnochio burn, we managed to get to the front which in the end was so bad as it was harder to flee from the scalding flames! Valencia went completely mad and when it was all over I must say I felt kind of sad, even though it is supposed to represent a new dawn etc! La Virgen is beautiful and Plaza de la Virgen is my favourite place anyway, so tranquil....when the Virgin's dress is complete it is a magical sight! As it has been said before, it is hard to comprehend what it is like unless you see it....I am leaving Valencia in July to go back to live in Scotland, but this place will always hold a very special place in my heart and if I can I will be back for Fallas 2002!! Thankyou for sharing Fallas with others and surely tempting them to go!!

Estrella


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more