A Conversation for Talking Point: Should Abortion be Available on Request?

my belief

Post 1

Researcher 185809

im not wanting ever o have an abortion i dont care about the religous side cause religion cant tell me what to do im looking at it from the mothers point of view,i have no kids but i want them in the future but if i got pregnant under bad circumstances i wouldnt abort it because im motherly however some women dont want babies so you say fine use contraception but my bestfriends condom split and the morning after pill did not work she took it and proceeded to drink alot of alcohol i dont know if alcohol would counteract the pill or not but shes having an abortion tomorrow,shes 17 and is not responsible nor ready to be a mum,her boyfriend agrees,so do i that she isnt ready and she isnt hence the abortion,if it were me id keep it cause im miles apart from sarah im motherly now but shes not ready for years to come, all women are different some can handle anything some cant and some be ready others arent i dont know if a god exists but i know an afterlife exists with or without his presence and so it goes to heaven tomorrow i wont be the best auntie a child could want and i wonder what shed grow up to be like with my guidance,what shed look like in 17 years from shed be here mums age,alas shell be 17 in heaven 17 years from now an angel looking down on me seeing an auntie shed loved to have met in real life and a mum she wouldve wanted to have met too now i am going to have to wait until my life is over on earth and i croos over to the afterlife before i see my bestfriends baby, why do i refer to the child as a she?? maybe its cause sarah wants a girl i dont know i just have a psychic ability and i know this kid wouldve been a girl but alas the afterlife exists hallelujah so i will get to see her and although i have to wait until my time comes to join the afterlife to see her atleast i know that the afterlife is eternal and so i will be able to spend an eternity in the afterlife getting to know her.sarah really couldny cope with a baby and thats okay,but if it were me i wouldnt abort.


my belief

Post 2

Cristiana

Hallo...saw your post and found that I had to respond. smiley - smiley I'm so terribly sorry to hear that your friend found herself in such a difficult situation. Having had friends in similar circumstances, I understand the pain you must be going through watching her try to figure out what to do. I do, however, believe that choosing an abortion will prove more harmful than anything else in the long run. Contrary to popular belief, abortion is not just another ordinary procedure (like having an appendix taken out, etc). It involves deciding the fate of an unborn person, a person who, although still dependant on its mother for life, is genetically human. My heart aches for your friend, who no doubt felt that she had no other option but to abort--the message I would like to give to all those who are considering abortion is that yes, there is an alternative, namely adoption. Your friend may not be ready to be a mum, but there are people who are. Thousands of couples are unable to have their own children and desperately want to adopt babies. True, choosing adoption involves nine months of pregnancy and labor, but how small an inconvenience is that short time of discomfort and pain compared to giving the gift of life to another human (as well as the gift of a child to a childless couple)? I pray that your friend will not find herself in such a sad situation again, and that more people would realize that unexpected children are--and should be seen as--blessings, not tragedies.


my belief

Post 3

Researcher 185809

i dont like the adoption idea a child has to know its real mum and dad i hope adopted children find their real parents no matter how bad or good the parents are just so they can see them see their parents in my case mum n dad divorced thank god cause he was nasty im glad she rid herself of him when i was 4 but now i want to see him once just to find out more on my family on his side..my half sisters and that


my belief

Post 4

Researcher 185809

my bestmate had the abortion a wee while ago, its also a good thing as she could not be a proper mother shes only 17 shes to live her life let alone help a child to live theirs still when shes in her late twenties she'll be ready then for motherhood,her child is enjoying the comforts of the afterlife im jealous of that because she will know my relatives there that i wont get to see til im dead or they pay me a visit well i face another problem...my mum has something thats life threatening for her so today i find out what it is that may kill her i can let this happen where do i get my strength from i dont know!!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more