Diary of the 'Situation' Part 2

1 Conversation

There was no shooting on Gilo (my neighbourhood) for a few days now. There is a rumor that a secret agreement was reached between Israeli secret service chief and his Palestinian counterpart, that Gilo is to be taken out of the conflict.

With this in mind my wife and I decided to go and see a play in the Jerusalem Theater, and we left our parents as babysitters with our kid. When we returned, my mother said that there was a prolonged incident of shootings, apparently triggered by a death of a Palestinian in nearby Bethlehem. While, as I wrote in earlier entries, we rarely hear the shots, my mother with her keener ears, heard everything. So... no agreement and no return to normalcy for us.

Everyday I partake in at least one conversation about the political situation over here. Yet I am not sure I want to start writing in this journal about my uptake of the political side of things. Here are the reasons why:

  • a) It is too complicated and a true description of my views will demand a good volume of writing.

  • b) The whole setup is too controversial, perhaps will upset some of the readers and turn them off. Maybe I should just stick to the description of my personal experiences without commentary.

  • c) Too much negative energy.

I will be glad to hear what you, the readers of my journal (if there are any) think. If you have specific questions, or think I should expand on something, please write me.

Anyway, as sort of a background, I posted an entry about the Temple Mount. If you read it and think it is good, please recommend it for editing!


Tana


Temple Mount article in the Post

Temple Mount article at Tana's homepage

How not to get killed in Jerusalem article in the Post

Diary of the 'Situation' Part 1 article in the Post


13.11.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A470495

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more