A Conversation for What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?

Where'd it go?

Post 1

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

My entry was picked for editing, but now I can't find it anywhere. It's not on the tracking page anymore, and the original was moved for moderation (Which doesn't make any sense to me). Am I just being paranoid, or did my entry disappear?


Where'd it go?

Post 2

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hi White Hole

Your article (A1029016) is still in Peer Review. There's no indication in the Peer Review thread (F48874?thread=268977) that it has been picked for the EG yet but Sam has popped in to see if it is ready yet.

What gave you the impression that it had been picked? Has something unusual happened? When the article was hidden for moderation, did you receive an email?

smiley - smiley

Amy smiley - ant


Where'd it go?

Post 3

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. The article I'm worried about is A1027892, which has been picked out for editing. I hadn't checked it in a few days, but I tried to check it today, and it wasn't in the Coming Up page. So, I checked back to the original, and it said it had been removed for moderation. I did go back and look again, and it does call my article 'Article Pending Moderation,' so I'm assuming now that it's been referred, and I'll be contacted soon. I haven't been emailed about this, though, and I have my email in my preferences.


Where'd it go?

Post 4

SEF

It now says it has been failed by moderation. That's the stage at which you get an email.

It looks as though you may have fallen victim to the current moderation fetish which has already claimed a few Edited Guide entries. Someone in the BBC has become jumpy and is pulling things out of h2g2. If this is the case then, unlike real yikesing, you may get no email, you won't get a decent explanation of what was wrong and you won't be permitted to fix it and resubmit it. For a similar event (assuming this was one of those internal affairs and not a normal yikesing) which became a saga, see F19585?thread=288228


Where'd it go?

Post 5

Mina

You should have received an email about this, have you checked the email account that you have set in your preferences? If you haven't had the email, then let me know, and I'll make sure that another one is sent out to you. It will have all the details that you need there.


Where'd it go?

Post 6

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

I checked my email account, but I didn't get an email. I would really appreciate it if I was sent another email.


Where'd it go?

Post 7

Mina

I've forwarded it on to you now.


Where'd it go?

Post 8

White Hole (Write a Haiku!)

Thanks, I got the email, and the explanation. Much appreciated!


Where'd it go?

Post 9

Mina

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more