A Conversation for Contributing to the Guide

My Entery

Post 1

Researcher 201752

Hello,
I am Researcher 201752 and would like to add my entery. i tought that the guide was in the least of words bouring. It had no affect on me at all, i could of found out more by asking a guru because i didnt bother to read it because it didnt seem to drag me in as to speak. It just simply looked like a pile of junk. All it was, was a whole lot of writing it felt to me like i was back in my school at mount sain joseph`s, and i dont want to feel like that untill wednewsday 4th september.I`m sorry if you dont agree but all im doing is telling you my opinions thank you for taking the time to read it.


My Entery

Post 2

threesecondmemory

Hello! there's loads more to the guide than reading and writing entries. There's what we call the community side to the site. This basically means making friends on the site and having a chat about the stuff you are interested in. Click the who's online button, pick a name from the list, go to there space, and add your hello to their space.

smiley - ok


Hi there...

Post 3

Jimi X

Hi Researcher 201752.

How did you find h2g2? It's always interesting to see what convoluted routes people take to get here.

Mine was a rather boring web search that resulted in my finding an h2g2 page about the topic I was looking for. After a quick look around, I found a whole lot of other interesting stuff as well.

Yes, there is a lot of writing here that you might find boring - I've even written some of it (like a bunch of entries about the American Revolution). But there are other pages that are really quite cool - like How to Pick Up a Porcupine (A306361) - and yes it says more than 'very carefully'. smiley - winkeye

But there's a whole other side to h2g2 - the Community stuff where people hang out and chat with others from all over the world. smiley - ok

There are online quizes, and a 'virtual beach' (A208676) where I believe there is a bikini contest. So there's a bunch of silliness as well as the 'boring' serious stuff.

Of course, h2g2 isn't right for everyone. But it's a very diverse place and growing more so every day. Don't write us off without having a look around.

To see more of the community activities that are going on this week, try checking out the Talk page at A451522

smiley - cheers

- Jimi X
U53353


My Entery

Post 4

Lifson Kofie

Just checked out your Personal Space - and you're from Manchester huh? I was originally from up there (Stockport), and in 2003 I'm coming back - to Salford Uni to do Multimedia and Internet Technology.

Anyway - down to my main reason for dropping by. I'd like to show you that the Guide is not boring. There are indeed a lot of articles, but they were written by people like you and me. The Guide is like a living breathing thing. Always changing, always updating, and there is always something for everyone.

May I point you to a few places you might like to get involved in? Try these...

Rock-climbing: A138313
There's a conversation attached to this about Rock-Clibers on H2G2

Douglas Adams Vision For H2G2: A550955
Worth a look to see what the man himself had in mind for this place...

DNA's Welcome Message: A157349
Also worth a look.

Some "Buffy" links: A315893A739334A594858
A few "Buffy" articles. The last is some fanmail addresses.

United Friends Of H2G2 Space: A703126
A place where you're sure to find a friend (or several). Definitely worth checking out.

So there's a few to get started on. smiley - towel Also, click on the towel waving smiley at the beginning of this sentance, to see a list of all of the smileys that you can use in articles and conversations!

H2G2 is a great place - honestly, I've been here about 2 years now, and I'm on nearly every day. Try to participate in some conversations (attached to the articles) and you'll soon see that H2G2 is more than just a big bunch of text. Also, go look at my Personal Space (in the Classic Goo skin) at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/u176378 .

Hope this helps.

Lifson Kofie smiley - cheers



I am Researcher 201752 and would like to add my entery. i tought that the guide was in the least of words bouring. It had no affect on me at all, i could of found out more by asking a guru because i didnt bother to read it because it didnt seem to drag me in as to speak. It just simply looked like a pile of junk. All it was, was a whole lot of writing it felt to me like i was back in my school at mount sain joseph`s, and i dont want to feel like that untill wednewsday 4th september.I`m sorry if you dont agree but all im doing is telling you my opinions thank you for taking the time to read it.


My Entery

Post 5

U195780

smiley - smiley Don't worry! you will gradually learn the great art of writing if you please follow the rules and regulations comming accross you while online logging on this popular site of BBC. smiley - smiley

Yours truely,

A.R.Shams
author of the "Creative Living Spirit" series of messages


My Entery

Post 6

U195780

smiley - smiley Don't worry! you will gradually learn the great art of writing if you please follow the rules and regulations comming accross you while online logging on this popular site of BBC. smiley - smiley

Yours truely,

A.R.Shams
author of the "Creative Living Spirit" series of messages.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more