A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Project Feedback

I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 1

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

Hello... I've recently created my own "New Researchers Guide to h2g2" and would like to show someone "high up" in the h2g2 hierachy (think that's how it's spelt, lol)...

And I'm not sure if this is the right place or not... If it's not... can someone guide me to the correct place please???... thanks...


My guide is at... A1026316


Serjsmiley - devil


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 2

Ace Rimmer [pretending]

Looks nice.
I'm not sure how to advertise it, but maybe you could ask the post to link it, or you could ask the ACEs to use it as a point of reference to newbies.


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 3

Tango

I would suggest you post to the Aces homepage. I'll go and give it a quick read for you now.

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 4

Tango

I like it. Aces should be able to just link to your page, and then newbies and click on any of the links on that, rather than aces posting hundreds of links themselves. Good idea! smiley - smiley

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 5

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Hi SeriTankian smiley - smiley

It's nice that you took the time to do this smiley - biggrin
smiley - sorry to put a 'damper on it' but there are a few problems with it.

Most newbies are not aware of the tag, they may find seeing their own nickname 'spooky'.

The mention of Plain Skin may cause confusion, as Plain skin is not listed in 'skin list'. All links can be seen in all skins.

It's questionable whether a link to Askh2g2 should be included in an ACE Welcome, unless they have asked a suitable question.

IMO there is no need to include a link for 'nickname reset'

Most ACEs either use their own help page or Feisors A719840

Like I said, it was nice that you took the time to do it. smiley - biggrin

Emmily
smiley - rose


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 6

SEF

One of those problems, Emmily, is merely the incorrect use of English. It took me a few attempts to parse it when I first read it. What I think Serj meant is that the links won't look like links to anyone expecting links to be a particular colour in a given skin (without hovering on them etc).


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 7

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

I previewed my page in all skins and only in plain did it appear that the links were visible... I explained that the links are usually coloured blue, but in this case, due to that I couldn't see the links in GOO or Brunel... I changed them to white... friendly to all skins...



I'll work on my spelling and grammar... as I am a fast typer, I sometimes miss out letters/quotations... and it was 4am when I did it, lol...


Thanks for your suggestions, I will add them all... and make it perfect for new researchers on h2g2...


Serjsmiley - devil


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 8

Tango

The problem is a simple on, you have used tables to change the background colour, thus the default link colours won't show up because they were designed for the default background colour. I don't think you need to go into so much detail in the explanation.

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 9

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

It's best that the new researchers know what's happening...

o I placed a note on there... it's supposed to be a guide... so I'm trying to get it as helpful as possible...


I'm going to add almost all of the links I've got also... the less important ones nearer the bottom...



I've explained about the VIEWER tag also... if you want to see it... A1026316


Serjsmiley - devil


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 10

Tango

You don't want to confuse the newbies with too much information about things they won't need to know for days/weeks/months to come.

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 11

Tango

PS. i'm not sure why you have the viewer tag in there at all. smiley - erm

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 12

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

Should I take out the VIEWER tag then???


Serjsmiley - devil


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 13

Tango

If it's not there for a reason then yes. If you do have a reason to put it there, then i'm curious to know what it is... smiley - erm

Tango


I'm not sure where I should put this...

Post 14

SerjTankian... Freelance Assassin for higher... (not hire)

I've taken it out... my box's running really slowly today... don't know why... it took me ages to delete it all...


Serjsmiley - devil


Key: Complain about this post