A Conversation for Presidential Soapbox - Human Rights

You are right.

Post 1

Wonko

Thank you, Peregrin, for promoting the Human Rights! smiley - smiley They are our biggest cultural achievement. Human Rights and Democracy together form the basis of peace and wealth.

Yet there are many enemies to watch out for: Countries not built upon Democracy and forces within our Democracies, like churches.

The Nazi Regime was of outstanding brutality against humans and humanity. To me as a German this means to live with the heritage, to have horror dreams of Nazi camps and mass slaughter and to live with the knowledge that three generations ago my people did the worst they could do: to raid the world and to try to extinguish the jews and other minorities.

Nazi fascism, in fact, ignored all Human Rights to the most. So I think it is no good example to make a point in describing Human Rights. Human Rights are not only in danger in such extreme cases as Nazi fascism, but in our democracies as well.

Whenever somebody can't write about natural and good things, the Freedom of Speech is in danger.


Key: Complain about this post

You are right.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more