A Conversation for Presidential Soapbox - Human Rights

Removed

Post 1

purplejenny

This post has been removed.


Four cheers for freedom

Post 2

Peregrin

Thanks for the link, I'll add that one to the page. I looked for a clothing campaign link but obviously didn't try hard enough smiley - winkeye
Gap is one of the worst contestors - I personally don't buy label clothing anyway, but I definitely oppose buying Gap clothing.

Another thing that gets under my skin is the whole soft drinks trade. When my dad was young he would never have thought of buying an expensive drink just to quench his thirst.

And yet Coca-Cola, Pepsi and others have built up an obsession, especially among young people, that we need to spend lots of money to get a reasonable drink. They paste every available surface in the third world with posters and banners, even though most people who read them could not buy one of their drinks with a month's wages.

Sunny Delight is one of the worst in Britain. It contains 60% sugar, and advertises itself as good for kids. Kids love it because it is so sweet, and parents buy it misled by the adverts. No wonder there's so many hyperactive problem kids around.

I plan to write more Post articles about such things. That's the advantage of a non-profit newspaper - we have free speech smiley - smiley


Four cheers for freedom

Post 3

purplejenny

I have heard of a campaign called water before pepsi. the situation really is bolloxed in some places.


Four cheers for freedom

Post 4

Peregrin

I've added the Clean Clothes Campaign link. Hopefully I'll write a more comprehensive article about the clothing industry sometime.


Four cheers for freedom

Post 5

Peregrin

oh and a good rant about 'Fashion', of course smiley - smiley


Four cheers for freedom

Post 6

purplejenny

I'll do the fashion rant for you. (if you like)

Just you wait. Gucci etc won't know what hit 'em.

love from purplejenny


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more