A Conversation for Theramin

Theramin

Post 1

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

May I propose for your consideration: http://www.h2g2.com/A449543 - the Theramin.


Theramin

Post 2

Wampus

Nice, informative article. My only issue is the line that goes, "...it was intended to be a classical instrument. No, actually..." as that is kind of an unfunny joke which would probably get removed in the Editing process anyway.

Wampus


Theramin

Post 3

Wampus

Also, please don't multiple-post things. It makes it really annoying for scouts to have to dig through 50 extra threads because someone was too eager with the "post message" button.


Theramin

Post 4

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

What actually happened was I went back five minutes later and the message was not on the Peer Review forum. I assumed I'd hit Preview instead of Post, and I put it in again. Seconds later, both appeared. I've been around here long enough to know about multiple postings.


Theramin

Post 5

Crescent

I enjoyed this one smiley - smiley But would like to see some technical bits, say like how it works, maybe even a circuit diagram smiley - smiley That would round this Entry off no end smiley - smiley However, saying that, it should still be able to get past the Peer Review in its present form smiley - smiley So t'is up to you smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent


Theramin

Post 6

amdsweb

Hi,
I enjoyed this one also - nicely written and well laid out. smiley - smiley
I agree with what was said above about the 'No, actually...' bit.

One thing I personally think of as essential when writing about the theramin is the them tune to practically every Hanna Barbera cartoon (especially Scooby Doo!). Please please please mention Scooby!

- Adam


Theramin

Post 7

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Hmm. How to render the circuit in ASCII, so as not to include off-site links?


Theramin

Post 8

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Dr Mungbean - do I need to resubmit this under the peer review content guidelines? The peer review page changed after I proposed this, I think, otherwise I would probably have followed the rules.


Theramin

Post 9

amdsweb

Hi,
Your best bet is to resubmit to the PR. The only thing that I can see that didn't fit the guidelins is the subject name for the thread - just put 'Axxxxxx - Theramin' as the subject and you shouldn't have any problems (as long as you don't forget the link as well!)

BTW - it may be worth plonking a link to this thread in your PR submission, just so ppl can see whats been written already.

Chiz,

Adam


Thread Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Theramin'.

Back to Entry - became Edited Entry A520831 Theramin


Key: Complain about this post