A Conversation for "Shindig", Firefly episode 4

Pretty Chandelier!

Post 1

oxunmcc_nick

Ooooh look at the the floaty light fitting! smiley - smiley
Firefly returns to full on form with this episode with a lot of humour and well paced story. All sorts of influences, most notably from Gone With The Wind with the ball...very Old South vibe going on there, though I can't help feeling that the duel owes a little to the one in Highlander ("your famous duel on Boston Common"), Just a feeling, no direct evidence I can remember.
We get a lot more Kaylee in this episode, always a good thing, and River comes out of her cracked shell a bit when she goes all Artful Dodger with dubious Brit decended lowlife trader Badger. In fact, this is a good character episode with interesting looks and insights into most of them apart from Book and Simon who barely have a couple of lines. Lot of laugh out loud moments from Mal, Jayne and Kaylee, plus interesting development on the Mal & Innara story. A really good episode that picks up the slightly fumbled ball from Bushwhacked last week.

BTW, the trailer Alex gave the link to looks really good. I'm glad that they are going to develop the "River is a weapon" story that we've been getting clues to all through Firefly.

Nick


Pretty Chandelier!

Post 2

Alex A (Keeper of 7)

Good points.

I guess this might count as a "commedy episode", but that's no bad thing & it doesn't detract form the real danger of the satuation (I found Mal getting stabbed pretty shocking on first viewing).

As a nine-hander, it's not surprising some charcters are relagated to minor roles on occasion.

Re. trailers, I'll add a Serenity Movie page with the links & so anyone can comment on them.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for "Shindig", Firefly episode 4

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more