A Conversation for Talking Point: Alcohol and Alcohol Abuse

Alcoholics and their families

Post 1

psycho

I have been the victom of an abusive acoholic.He was my stepfather.He came into my life when I was 1 year old.He did'nt sexually abuse me,but physically and mentally abused me.I am now 27years old and just starting to get my life together,from having depression all my life.I have a little sister who is 13 and is my stepfathers biological daughter.She is going through it with him now.Even though my mum and him are split up he is still effecting our lives.No one really cares about the vitomes.We have to try and survive on our own and with our illness the rest of our lives.


Alcoholics and their families

Post 2

Bertie

I know one or two alcholics and their families. The hell they go through and for what - a chemical.
I have yet to find an alcholic who can take a drink occasionaly - its allways black or white. Sad things is many are really nice people with a lot going for them.
As a lad growing up in the uk you werent a man unless you could drink and many fully believed that.
Here in Norway there are huge problems with drink, mainly offset by extraordinary alchohol prices. Funnily enough though its mainly the older people who have the problems, youth whilst they enjoy a drink dont seem to be rolling around in the gutters as much.


Key: Complain about this post

Alcoholics and their families

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more