A Conversation for ANNE RICE, GUIDE TO THE NOVELS OF

new vampire tale

Post 1

Calypte

The next book in the 'Tales of the Vampires' has now been published. It's called 'Merrick', I haven't read it yet, but it goes back to Louis.


new vampire tale

Post 2

nocturne

I've heard that Merrick will contain characters from both the Vampire Chronicles and the Witching Hour, or something like that. Do you know if there's any truth in this rumour? It sounds a bit desperate, even for Anne Rice.


new vampire tale

Post 3

Calypte

It's true. I'm waiting until the book comes out in paperback before I buy it, but the reviews I've read say Merrick 'brings together the worlds of the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair witches'. David Talbot, Louis, Lestat and the ghost of Claudia (!) are all in it, while Merrick herself is a descendant of the Mayfairs. The couple of people who were giving personal opinions weren't all that complimentary, either!


new vampire tale

Post 4

nocturne

I don't get how she manages to sell so many books... The woman obviously can't write, and still people buy her book. Do you really like her, or are you just reading her books for amusement?


new vampire tale

Post 5

Researcher 154526

I know, it was being sold as the vampires versus the witches, but it's not really like that, Merrick is very distantly related to the Mayfairs from the "witching hour." The book doesn't have much to do with the "Mayfair" books though, more Talamasca stuff which is cool. It takes the series into an interesting new direction.


new vampire tale

Post 6

Calypte

Nocturne: I have to admit, Anne Rice isn't one of the best writers I've come across. However, there was a time in my youth (!) when I didn't know any better, and now the vampire chronicles have 'nostalgia value' for me; I'd have to be in the mood to read one, though. Still, I've also read worse. Interview with the Vampire made a great film, too - I suppose it says something that the film was better than the book, I mean, how often does that happen?! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more