Help Page Update: h2g2 FAQ: Miscellaneous Questions

1 Conversation

Index | About h2g2 | Registering | Exploring | Preferences | Personal Space | Conversations | Guide Entries | Journal | Contributing | Moderation | Editorial Process | Review Forums | Technical | GuideML | Cool Things | Legal | Miscellaneous

Welcome to the 'Miscellaneous Questions' section of the h2g2 FAQ. This is where you can find information on topics not covered in the other h2g2 FAQ sections.

If you want to see a complete list of questions answered by the h2g2 FAQ, then check out the h2g2 FAQ Index at any time.

Contents of this Section

Someone's posting really nasty or obscene stuff in forums or in their Guide Entries. Can you stop them?

Absolutely! If you are offended by anybody's actions on h2g2, please click the relevant complaint link at the bottom of each page or the complaint button (also known as the 'Yikes' button) next to each posting. Our House Rules are clear on the issues of obscenity and offensive behaviour: we don't want any of it on h2g2.

While we appreciate that posts on h2g2 can't be edited by their authors once posted, please don't use the complaints button for such things as spelling corrections.

[Back to top of section]
[Back to the main h2g2 FAQ Index]

I've found an entry with some major mistakes in it. How do I get them fixed?

If an entry is listed as 'Edited', 'Recommended' or 'Awaiting Approval', then let us know of any errors by simply posting to the Editorial Feedback Forum. A Curator or Editor will come along and fix the selected problems. If the entry is a standard Guide Entry, however, then its editing rights are still owned by a member of the h2g2 Community. Simply contact the person listed as the entry's Editor and they should be able to sort out the problems.

We're only human and we do make mistakes, but we pride ourselves in a quality Guide that sorts its problems out quickly and efficiently. We very much appreciate any corrections or other (polite) feedback you can provide.

[Back to top of section]
[Back to the main h2g2 FAQ Index]

Isn't this where the silly questions are meant to go? I want silly questions!

Feel free to check out the Miscellaneous Chat forum and soon enough someone will come and answer your queries.

But if you mean something like 'What is the Unifying Theory of Physics?'. OK...

What is the Unifying Theory of Physics?

We don't know. Do you? Fancy writing an entry about it?

[Back to top of section]
[Back to the main h2g2 FAQ Index]


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A44189148

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more