The h2g2 Curators' Home Page

1320 Conversations

For details of all our volunteer schemes, check out the volunteers page.

Welcome to the h2g2 Curators' Home Page. The Curators are a small but dedicated bunch of existing volunteers whose role it is to pick up editorial feedback, make changes to Edited Entries and generally keep an eye on existing Edited Guide entries. Currently, Curators will handle basic maintenance, fixing broken links and checking for feedback posted to the bottom of entries as well as to our Editorial Feedback forum. There may also be potential for further responsibilities in the future, although as with other volunteer schemes, we hope the scheme will be flexible enough for people to just help out when they can.

Because this role requires a greater degree of Editorial know-how than usual - and comes with a great deal of trust attached - we have recruited only from people who have already shown their dedication to the Edited Guide and membership of the scheme is by invitation only. We've also had to keep the group small enough to be manageable while being of a size big enough to make a difference to the upkeep of the Edited Guide archive.

Please note: Any comments about the Edited Guide should continue to be posted to the Editorial Feedback forum and not here. This page is just for Curators to share information about updates to existing entries. Also, the Curators are not replacements for the in-house staff and there are certain tasks that they won't be able to perform. They cannot change postings or Personal Spaces and do not have access to the accounts of other Researchers.

If you have a question, please read the h2g2 FAQ first to check that your question is not already answered there. Thanks!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A7947147

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more