A Conversation for The Vented Spleen

OPC-other people's children

Post 1

jr52 (ting-a-)

You have just given another example of why, for the continuation of the species, it's a good thing people don't have to pass a test before they are allowed to become parents.

There's quite a large number of parents out there, but an extremely small amount of parenting going on.

Tip: chain offspring in the basement until they are at the age of majority or keep in mind (I believe it was) W.C.Fields' advice(hint: brown sugar, molasses, catsup, vineger, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and low heat).

Just a thought.


OPC-other people's children

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I too worked in a bar (a pub to be precise), and I thought that it would be the perfect place to get away from kids. Unfortunately, I found out that it had a children's licence in one of the bars, so I did my best to work in the other bar as often as possible. Of course, that's not good enough for most parents, who assume that because their kids are allowed in one bar, they're allowed in the whole damn pub, and they get very put out when you tell them to move. Now, people are bringing babies in prams and pushchairs into pubs!!! There you are, trying to carry 4 plates of food out from the kitchen, only to be tripped up by three folded strollers layed across the bar hatch. "Oh, I'm sorry, but there's nowhere else to put them" "OF COURSE NOT DICKHEAD, YOU'RE IN A F#@%ING PUB!!!!"

Now I work in a cd store, and for some reason, every arrogant parent with their bratty kid came in yesterday, including the one whose kids were swinging off the fixtures and running around, and who you can be sure would have sued us up the wazoo if anything had happened to their precious little darling. Man, I can't wait to be a manager. "Madam, just because we're a shop which is open to the public doesn't mean that we have no rules. We do have rules - your children are breaking them by misbehaving, and you are breaking them by not controlling your children. I must ask you to either take control of your children or leave these premises."


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more