A Conversation for The Calendar in A.D. (Anno Domini)

A436411-The Calendar in A.D.(Anno Domini)

Post 21

shagbark

A few more changes made. Not all suggestions used.


A436411-The Calendar in A.D.(Anno Domini)

Post 22

shagbark

I know this site faded away the first time I tried it. I wonder if it
is just not a good enough subject or if I am just not giving what it needs.


A436411-The Calendar in A.D.(Anno Domini)

Post 23

Spiff


Link! Link! smiley - smiley


A436411-The Calendar in A.D.(Anno Domini)

Post 24

Dr Hell

Hello...

It's nice you have incorporated some bits of what I suggested above. Just two minor comments:

You have included all in one paragraph in the middle of introduction. The problem with that is that the original reading-flow got broken up. Perhaps you would like to reorganise the intro into a 'sort' of chronological order. Like: Calendars in general / Roman Julian Calendar / Christian Calendar / Gregorian Calendar.

You could include the dates that were cut off. It's not much characters and quite nice info, IMO.

Bye,

HELL

PS: The topic is fine.


Thread Moved

Post 25

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Calendar in A.D. (Anno Domini)'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Thread Moved

Post 26

Dr Hell

Yes... Congratulations.

I don't want to spoil the party... But: Some of the reviewers (in this case me) were not fully satisfied. It's not a major point really, but when I think of the kinds of comments I get in the entries I send in, and if I look at the format of this entry... Well there is a discrepancy.

Anyways, congrats... smiley - bubbly I just felt I had to say this.

HELL


Thread Moved

Post 27

Gnomon - time to move on

Congratulations, Shagbark.

Hell, your entries are scientific, which tends to attract a lot more comment from the purists. There is room for many different types of entry in the guide, and you will not be happy with every one, but many people were happy with this one, so the congratulations to Shagbark are deserved.


Calendar Purists Note

Post 28

shagbark

If purists like hell want to see a site where great intricate detail was used they should check out that hyperlink at the end of my references. Greenhart went for pages on end and even included a clock. (something I wouldn't even know how to do)


Calendar Purists Note

Post 29

Dr Hell

Don't get me wrong, my congratulations were meant seriously. It's really a very good entry on a very good topic. It just would not have been such a BIG problem to include the days that were ripped off the Julian calendar in the transition to the Gregorian. It's that kind of trivia people like me find nice.

Anyways. Seriously: Cheers, congratulations.

I can perfectly live with the fact that this particular info was not included. It's a pity though, and not that much work.

Bye,

HELL


Anno Domini versions

Post 30

shagbark

just a note to remember. When this became a recommended site
a new page was created www.h2g2.com/A673535. I can dispense with this copy when I am satisfied with that version.


Anno Domini versions

Post 31

shagbark

Or to be more precise it is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A673535smiley - winkeye


Anno Domini versions

Post 32

Dr Hell

Just to round this off and for the record. The recommended version is indeed a lot better, and I would like to withdraw my comments above. The entry is about the AD calendar and not the julian-gregorian transition.

Sincerely,

HELL


Anno Domini versions

Post 33

SchrEck Inc.

Hi,

I just dropped in to say that I've been given this great entry to subedit. The subbing is nearly finished; you could find the article at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A673535, just in case you're interested... smiley - winkeye If there's something you'd like to comment upon, please feel free to drop me a note.

SchrEck Inc.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more