A Conversation for REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 1

KiwiBeatle

Entry: REVENGE OF THE SITH? - A4313648
Author: KiwiBeatle - U1192802

Is the Force strong with this one?


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Good review! I wouldn't rate it quite as badly as you myself, but I'd agree with a lot you say.

I don't know what you should do with this review. We've had quite a few reviews of Revenge of the Sith already. The Edited Guide doesn't go in for reviews of films as such. The Post has already published a few, and the Post is out of action anyway while the Post Editor is sick.

Does anybody else have an idea?


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 3

Wyldstaar

I wouldn't even categorize this article as a review. It's more of an all out bash against not only Revenge of the Sith, but the entire prequel trilogy. If it is meant to be a serious review, it needs more ballance. There was no mention of how the overall plot of the Sith was finally brought to fruition in the third episode, or how it tied into the first two. While it may seem obvious to hardcore fans, I've spoken to several people who completely missed it. It's not that I disagree with anything you state in the article. Far from it. I do think it should be more about being a comprehensive study on the film rather than a series of bashes.

Speaking of bashes- How about the fact that Obi-Wan is only in his thirties when Episode III ends, but is an old man when Episode IV begins only 18-20 years later?


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Alec Guinness was 63 when Star Wars was released. He might have been a year or two younger when it was filmed. And he was playing a man of about that age, not an old, old man. So let's say Obiwan is 60 in Star Wars 4 and 37 in Star Wars 3, set 20 years earlier. It nearly matches!


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 5

Cyzaki

Author has elvised - back to entry?

smiley - panda


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 6

Cyzaki

Well, the author is back again... What's happening with this entry?

smiley - panda


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 7

KiwiBeatle

I sense a large disturbance in the Force....

If you only know the POWER of the dark side!

hE'S OUR ONLY HOPE...


NO - there is another...


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 8

Cyzaki

???

smiley - panda


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 9

Not him

It's not really suitable is it?

I'd guess it probably wants removing from the EGWW.

Cyzaki, I agree: ??? indeed


A4313648 - REVENGE OF THE SITH?

Post 10

KiwiBeatle

NO luke - i am your father!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more