A Conversation for Uterpe Concert Hall for Woodwinds

Donation

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I haul a cardboard box into the Concert Hall. I remove two recorders (somewhat used, but recently cleaned), a didgeridoo, a couple of tribal flutes, a glass pan flute, one old classical flute, and a piccolo. I leave these on the stage for a moment, as there isn't much place else for them yet. Then I remove five foldable silver-coloured music stands.

I assemble the music stands in a semicircle at the front of the stage, then go outside. I reenter with five ordinary plastic chairs, also in black. I place these behind the music stands.

I leave once more, and return with another smaller box. This is full of flute music. Some of the more dog-eared books are suitable for beginners. Other pieces are more advanced, and range from Telemann to Mozart. Also included are some classic pop tunes, and several books of light jazz. In the bottom is a rather unused book of modern fare, including Phillip Glass and the like. I push this box gently beneath one of the chairs.

Wiping the sweat from my brow, I take a seat. I pick up the classical flute and play a Telemann piece, a slow number based in the instrument's lower range with a round-like effect and a great deal of ornamentation. Then I sigh, place the flute back on the edge of the stage, and walk away.


Donation

Post 2

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

YAY!!! THANK YOU!!!! I have some instruments and stands and chairs!! All I need is some students.......... smiley - smiley

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!


Donation

Post 3

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

You're very welcome. I hear Shazz is trying to organize a recorder group too. smiley - smiley


Donation

Post 4

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

YAY!!! ::dances around::


Key: Complain about this post