A Conversation for Pictures: Religion

No Subject

Post 1

Shanana the cannibalistic banana

Would it be possible to get a picture of the Luther Rose or of just a plain cross made up somehow?


Some examples:

http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=2558

I mean, there's not really a good image that could be used by a Christian if they were looking for it. And Lutherans are abused and ignored enough, it's always nice to be able to be proud of our church!


religious picture - cross

Post 2

SEF

The stock response to this one is that you should write something substantial on the relevant subject, eg how the Luther Rose came to be, submit it to Peer Review and hope it gets picked for the Edited Guide and given a picture. Not all EG articles are assigned pictures but the odds are much better than they used to be because there are less articles each day. However, you don't officially get to have any say in the picture and some of those produced for articles have been very wrong and had people complain about them. So you might get unlucky there too.

The overlooked new answer is to start a club/society of all the researchers who are in the same general religion, submit it to the official community pages, get some activity going for a while and then submit it to the art requests forum for a banner and badge. There's a backlog of requests but some of them seem to be being assiduously ignored. So, since that's the way things work round here, if you have friends in the right/wrong places you might queue jump those others.

Meanwhile, you can always post a link to an offsite picture from your Personal Space page (or even in thread posts).

Finally, if you are any good at any of the forms of ASCII or TABLE art (or ask a friend who is), then you can create your own image on your PS. Many of the club badges are of this type. A simple cross would be trivial. I've even seen quite an elaborate one somewhere about the place.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pictures: Religion

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more