Tackling a Tricky Task

0 Conversations

Golf spectators by Peet

It's all in your head but, as your head bone is connected to your neck one and thence (directly or otherwise) to sundry southern situations and is dependent on various of them for support, sustenance, glancing askance and page turning, then you owe it to your task to arrange those things appropriately:

Feet:

On the floor. Flat.

Knees:

If you're standing, slightly bent. Sitting, more so.
Unless you're lying, in which case, watch it. You've been found out.

Hips:

If you're standing, bent slightly forward. Sitting, more so.
Unless you're lying, in which case see knees, above.

Back:

Near straight. Arched rather than bent.
Upright (unless you're lying...)

Neck:

Angled sustainably, usually slanted slightly forward. Not stiff.

Arms:

The author cannot be held responsible for misuse of the instructions pertaining (which are therefore hereby withheld). You should assign these assets according to purpose.



Hands, including Fingers:
Generally, see Arms, above.
You should make specific arrangements for specific purposes, such as sharpening pencils, slicing gherkins, shaving or waving farewell.

Head:

  • Eyebrows, raised, lowered or normal. Both together or one at a time.
  • Ears, wigged or ggled or normal – experiment with these.
  • Nose, pinched, flared or normal. Not turned up.
  • Mouth. Now, this is the crucial one. Except to warn you against putting any part of your tongue past your teeth (just in case of immediate success), I shall not presume to tell you how to hold your mouth. But, please do.

You're now ready to commence, so go and fetch the materials for your task and start again from the top. On this and subsequent iterations, you may omit reading the title.

Ah, so 'now' you're ready, so go and fetch the tools for your task and start again - from the top, holding your mouth as you do so.

Articles by Rod Archive

RodtheBrit

09.10.08 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A41901383

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more