A Conversation for Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Writing Workshop: A4173905 - Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Post 1

ryuncp

Entry: Cambodia: Quick and Dirty - A4173905
Author: ryuncp - U1618675

What does everyone think about it? Is it too cheeky? I'm also not quite sure how to wrap it all up.


A4173905 - Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Post 2

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I rather liked this!

I'm not sure it would qualify as a Guide Entry - too opinionated, too personal, etc. etc. - but there does seem to be a gap for Cambodia (C365) and maybe you could turn your hand to something along the lines of one of these? C252, C396.

Somebody else might be able to give better advice on where else in the Guide this might fit. There are all sorts of crooks and nannies I haven't explored.
As for how to finish it...something on how the Khmer regard tall, beautiful Wisconsans might make a good coda. Leading on to...on balance, how have you settled in?

You don't mention Cambodian food much - more adptations of international dishes (personal interest: I'm a foodie) Do they not have a cuisine of their own? People wax lyrical about Thai and Vietnamese food - and I've recently read a good book about food tourism in Laos.

(Time for an airing of my regional joke: 'My folks went to Vientiane and all I got was this Laotian T-shirt')smiley - run


A4173905 - Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Post 3

Cyzaki

Author has elvised - flea market?

smiley - panda


A4173905 - Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Post 4

Kat - From H2G2

seconded


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cambodia: Quick and Dirty

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more