A Conversation for The H2IQ Quiz - Be The First Among Equals

Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 41

GreeboTCat

Hi Galaxy Babe.. and Vince... you are sure very welcome to join H2IQ... hope you have fun... and good luck...


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 42

Babel17

Oh go on then. Sign me too smiley - smiley


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 43

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

Gandalf here!!

I am pretty good at quiz type things - Can I have a go??
Pretty Please!!!
'G'


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 44

luckyminty

I love playing games smiley - winkeye

Can I join in?


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 45

Will Jenkins (Dead)

Hello, 'tis me again!
I've had an idea! Is there some way you could give us a quiz email address to send our answers to? And then it wouldn't matter what timezone you were in and so on.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 46

Babel17

Either that or continental leagues?


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 47

Will Jenkins (Dead)

Or one question every hour on the hoursmiley - winkeye!


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 48

GreeboTCat

Hi Babel-17, Gandalf and demonise... welcome to H2IQ... you are now on the results board... me wishes you all good luck...


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 49

GreeboTCat

It would be very possible to run this quiz via email... but me thinks that you would still have the same problem... some people would recieve the email quicker than others... and me would still have to judge the winner by the first one that sent in the correct answer...



Me often post the question of the day at different times... and like today... there is sometimes an extra question posted... Me is sorry if some of you are feeling a little put out by not getting to the questions first... If you can think of any plausible... and reasonable way of being more fair... then please let me know...

Greebo xx


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 50

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*raises hand* Oooo! Oooo! I want to join! Can I pleeeeeeese, Greebo? Thanks! smiley - smiley

G7


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 51

GreeboTCat

Indeed you can Gw7en... and you are... welcome to H2IQ... ~grin~


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 52

Will Jenkins (Dead)

Why would you have to wait for the correct answer? Why not run it like a pub quiz? Anyone who gets the correct answer gets a point.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 53

Babel17

Yeah, Will, I was just thinking the same, but that would have to be done by email, so that people aren't blagging points by going with the popular answer. But then email would clutter up Greebo's inbox, and I don't feel that it is in the spirit of the game as Greebo probably intended.
I must check to see how the Forum & Firkin run their quiz.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 54

Will Jenkins (Dead)

Yeah fair enough, although you could set up an email account with Yahoo or Hotmail or Happymail.co.uk just for the quiz.
Sorry I do sometimes take things to the extreme.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 55

Shellers (Master of wit and ready repartee)

Can I sign up please? I'm full of useless info.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 56

GreeboTCat

You are on the board Shellers... me hopes you come up with the right answer before anyone else... you have to be quick... so be warned... ~grin~


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 57

GreeboTCat

Hello all those discussing H2IQ... and how it should be run... me has set up a forum to discuss a new format... please tell me your thoughts... http://www.h2g2.com/F51431?thread=72768


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 58

amanda_panda(Patron Saint of Novel Ideas and Goddess of vanity and jealousy)

Hi Greebo. I would like to join your quiz thing. It's sounds fun.


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 59

GreeboTCat

You are vey welcome Amanda... ~grin~


Contestants... Sign up here...

Post 60

Ottox

Couldn't sign up last week. Too new on h2g2 smiley - smiley But now....

smiley - smileyT T smiley - smileyX
(Please don't mistake me for a doughnot)


* Hmmm... should try to find the answers in Hitchhiker's Guide... *


Key: Complain about this post