A Conversation for The H2IQ Quiz - Be The First Among Equals

A new day in the quiz that is

Post 41

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Well Either a Package or a Gross of Bug Repellant - those Killer Bees can be a REAL pain....(you missed out the bit about no footprints.....)


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 42

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

"Either a package" should read either a *Parachute*!


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 43

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Can I post a question??

Can anyone make the connection between these 3 things ...

The US Highway known as Route 66
The old US tv show called "Emergency" (70s I think)
The Rolling Stones


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 44

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Something like: The Rolling Stones appeared on Emergency, for which the ambulance going down the road scenes were filmed on Route 66....

Apart from that just that they all appear in the posting you just made!


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 45

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

It's that chick ..um what's-her-name ..bit of a jazz singer ..Julie Wilson or Christie is it? Not the actress of later years, this one was one of Frank Sinatra's RatPack. She did a bitchin version of "Route 66", maybe even the one used as a theme on the TV show (Route 66) and later she played the headnurse at the "Emergency" reception/dispatch desk, and I'll leave it to your imagination what she got up to with the Stones.
peace


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 46

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Julie London is a key piece of the puzzle - she appeared as Head Nurse Dixie on the show Emergency - but it's not her version of Route 66 that is the link. Can anyone take it further?


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 47

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Note really.... ::puts thinking cap on anyway::


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 48

Gnomon - time to move on

Since I am credited with winning the question about the three-way duel, I am entitled to ask a question. I choose geography as my subject:

What is the connection between the Okavango river and the River Jordan?


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 49

Orcus

A very very long canal?


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 50

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Julie London! Well, ...Christies (the auction house), Wilson (a former Prime Minister) ..ya can see where I was going. <smiley - biggrin
Oh dear, Julie London. It's 1963 and I'm holding her latest album cover up to the light wondering if the music will be as cool as the chick in the picture. It was.
But she's NOT the connection you say?

jwf



A new day in the quiz that is

Post 51

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

jwf - agree with you about Julie London's album - it was great - and a friend of mine told me that in his day it was required seduction material for a young lothario smiley - laugh

Julie London IS a key to the puzzle and part of the solution - but her version of the song Route 66 is NOT.

Here's a clue: who was Julie London married to? He also appeared in "Emergency"


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 52

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Gnomon - re the river question - Is it something to do with where they end up? I believe the Okovango empties into a swamp area not a sea - is the Jordan the same? I know that it ends up at the Dead Sea - is it becuase neither end up on a coast as such??

Am I close?? smiley - laugh


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 53

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

The whole idea that Julie London had a husband is now gnawing away at the foundations of several fantasies and realities. This is threatening to collapse much of the ivory tower from which I view the Universe. Next you'll be telling me Marylin Monroe married Joe DiMaggio and my cosmology with implode.
jwf


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 54

Gnomon - time to move on

Well done, Feisor! You got the right answer. Neither the Okavango nor the Jordan feed into the world's oceans. I'm sure there are a few other rivers like this as well. By the rules, you get to ask the next question.


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 55

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Gnomon - I have a question on the go at the moment (see posts above)
If it's ok with everyone if no-one gets it by tomorrow I will post the answer and by then will have another question. OK??

If you want to keep working on the "connect" question post here and I'll keep giving clues.

jwf - one more clue - I hate to shatter your fantasies but Julie London was married to Bobby Troup who also played Dr Joe Early in Emergency - now all you have to do is work out the connection to Route 66 and the Rolling Stones - good luck smiley - biggrin


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 56

You can call me TC

I've got lost in all the quiz threads. What WAS the answer to the A vs. B vs. C truell question?


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 57

Gnomon - time to move on

The answer was that C shoots in the air while A and B fight it out between themselves until one of them shoots the other. Then by the rules, C gets first shot at the survivor. This gives him a better chance than if he participates by shooting at either A or B, because in the unlikely event that he kills them, the survivor gets first go at him.


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 58

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - cry I'm sorry Feisor, Bobby Troup failed to make enough impression upon me in my fretful yoof that I can only visualise a Philadelphia toupe. (Think Fabian, Tommy Sands, pompadour ducktails)
The Rolling Stones may have played Philly, and god knows Mick's been caught in bed with David Bowie often enough, but how's that connect to two guys in a Corvette on Highwa... Oh, I see! smiley - bigeyes


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 59

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Okay then ... and the answer is ....

AS I said Julie London and Bobby Troup starred as Nurse Dixie McCall and Dr Joe Early in "Emergency". But before he became an actor Bobby Troup was a band leader and a song writer - and he wrote (you guessed it) the song Route 66 - recorded by many, but made a hit by The Rolling Stones.

Tah dah!!!!


A new day in the quiz that is

Post 60

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Here's another sneaky one ...

The following men are all known for the same reason - what is it?
As a hint - there is a (small) hint in brackets after each name.

Fred Evans (1916)
Leslie Henson (1916)
Ern Vockler (year unknown - an Australian)
Chuck Wango (1926)
Dean Saki (1981)
Charles Chaplin (1929)

Good luck!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more