A Conversation for Babe Among The Stars

I know this is not in the same league, but...

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Many years after computers and email became common, I was still using a typewriter and sending off letters to people.

Some of them were simply surprised to have received a genuine letter.
Most didn't reply but a few did, a couple angrily, as I had been a little insistent in my comments, and a significant pile that actually wrote me back. I treasure those letters.

When Shnooks was eight, I wrote a letter to Mary Englebreit about a book I had read about her. She not only sent a handwritten missive in return, but also sent along an activity book for my daughter. I will never forget the day I opened that large square envelope in a laundromat in Georgetown, Texas. We still have the remains of that activity book. Shnooks got quite a lot of use out of it.


Key: Complain about this post

I know this is not in the same league, but...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more