The h2g2 Municipal Park: Memorial Circle

2 Conversations

Memorial Circle: HG1 3LH


Memorial Circle is the roundabout that surrounds the Bruce Memorial, one of the main tourist attractions in the h2g2 municipal park. Large and sombre it stands out from the quiet road as an island of calm. From here most of the major paths lead off around the park's green tours. The last place in the park touched by the city.

Paths from here

The Bruce Gate


The most busy entrance to the Park. Beyond Bruce Gate, Bruce Way becomes xxxx St and continues on to Newton Square beyond some of the houses.

Where do you wish to visit?

The H2G2 Playground


Welcome to h2g2's very own playground. For kids of any age who want to play...


This is a part of the h2g2 Municipal Park, not very far away from the h2g2 waterworks and beach or the Aroma Café... or the Forum and Firkin for those who wish to leave their children and hed off for a pint.


A gate leads to the playground from the south side of Memorial Circle. A sign by the gate contains the rules in red print. The sound of children and adults playing can be heard as you approach.

The Bruce Monument


Commissioned by God almighty to celebrate the work of the GuideML guru, Bruce. Executed in natural stone, gold and water by Asteroid Lil. Visitors are welcome to leave comments in a specially provided guestbook.


At the centre of the Memorial Circle, be careful as you step across the road to marvel at the monument.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A415379

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more