A Conversation for Puddle Jumping

A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 1

Chili


http://www.h2g2.com/A414424

Everything you need to know about this fun sport.


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 2

ZOE(Scout), Patron Saint of Multiple Personalities{TANGO NEEDS HELP WITH PROJECT :STARS @ A403930 ALL STAR-GAZERS PLEASE PUT YOU

I like it, though I'm not sure that it will find a place in the approved guide, it also has a bit of a press releas-ring to it.

In the end it is enjoyable.


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 3

Martin Harper

An important part of puddle jumping technique is leg position. It is very important to jump with feet *together*. If you jump with your legs apart, then the two splashes created by each of your feet will combine between your legs, and leap vertically up towards your trousers, causing embarassment and coldness.

Advising a skirt or kilt-wearing friend to do the opposite is a great way to get cheap laughs... smiley - smiley


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 4

Martin Harper

I suspect that this entry will need to be rewritten in order to be factual - it's funny, but edited entries do have to be factual, and I can't believe that nobody jumped into puddles until the '90s... smiley - smiley

I think this thread should be moved to the writing workshop - it's funny - and worth reading - but not the right sort of material for the guide...


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 5

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I tend to disagree -- the entry is factual, and it has a bit of humour in it as well. I thing that puddle jumping is as much a reality as making bras from plastic bags (no pun/offence intended smiley - winkeye). It is something that people /do/, hence it's part of /live/.


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 6

Martin Harper

oh I agree - an entry on PJ could make it into the guide - but not *this* one...

Example: "The whole puddle-jumping movement was started in the late 90´s"

That's just factually incorrect - hence inappropriate.

I'd love to see an entry on PJ, to be honest - but not at he expence of introducing lies...


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 7

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Ok, may be. Actually, I did invent PJ far earlier than 1990, and quite surely I wasn't the first at that.

Anyway, I support this one being moved to the WW, also on the grounds that the author is missing, presumed fed.


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 8

Zak T Duck

I'll have to second that. Although funny, it is lacking in a lot of important facts. Obvious things to include would be wellies and little brats.


A414424 Puddle Jumping

Post 9

Zak T Duck

I'll have to second that. Although funny, it is lacking in a lot of important facts. Obvious things to include would be wellies and little brats.


Conversation Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.


Key: Complain about this post