The Prez Elections: The Masque of the Red Rejection Email

1 Conversation

To my fellow citizens of h2g2, my brothers, my comrades. The day has come to elect a different kind of leader, one who is not afraid to do what he deems neccessary to succeed. One who is not afraid to challenge the democratic processes by which his fellow candidates seem so bound. One who is not afraid to hide behind a bright red mask. One who is not afraid to spell incorrectly!

Comrades, I am that leader, and together we can make a new h2g2. No longer a weak democratic organization, but a military dictatorship where the strength of the masses act as one for the common interests. The collective interests! My interests! I stand firm upon a platform that sheds my former spaming ways. I am a reformed spammer! I am an anti-spammer! I am in favour of mandatory registration for all spammers. Un-licenced spamming will be punishable by imprisonment or flogging. And to my vegetable commrades who support the Celery, I will say that the Celery is a worthy vegetable, but I, too, have your best interests at heart. I will impose a ban on all pruning impliments, including weed wackers and lawn mowers. I will impose a ban on weed killing chemicals. I will fight for the rights of each and every plant!

Some of you say that I come too late to join the ranks of those who are running for office. But this shows only that you are not free people, but are rather bound by the pseudo-democratic structure of the status quo! Like Ross Perot before me, I enter the race belatedly with every intention of winning!

Friends, h2g2ers, Countrypersons! Lend me your ears! Once I am in office you can put an end to your worries. I promise an end to crime through the efforts of my thought police! An end to uncertainty through my dynamic rule! An end to this overly long statment of intent!

Breaking news! A Vice has been found! Red Fish has graciously agreed to be the running mate!

A VOTE FOR THE MASQUE OF THE RED HERRING IS A VOTE FOR JUSTICE!


07.08.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A410617

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more