A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

I'll sub for you

Post 1

Festen

Hello there.
I'm writing to offer my services as a Sub-editor.
I work - rather conveniently - as a Sub-editor for a magazine company in Manchester (UK). I've also worked at the Beeb if that's any help (BBC Sport Online).
Like many deadline-driven jobs, I spend half my time waiting for work to come through and the other working frantically to keep up.
It is these barren spells that I offer to you in hope that you will irrigate them with some cool, flowing copy...
Sorry, I turned into Alan Partridge there, but you get the drift.
I say good day to you.


I'll sub for you

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

Dear Festen,

Thanks for volunteering smiley - ok and welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley It might be worth you getting stuck into Peer Review before I start sending you batches. I'll add your name to the list and will contact you when I do my next round of recruitment.

In the meantime, have fun on site smiley - smiley

Anna




I'll sub for you

Post 3

Festen

Thanks Anna,
I'll have a go at Peer Review then, and hope to hear from you soon(ish).
TTFN


I'll sub for you

Post 4

World Service Memoryshare team

Ask h2g2 is a good place to get to grips with h2g2 as well. Meet new people and find out things you never knew you'd need to know!

smiley - smiley

Anna


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more