A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

I am ready for this job!

Post 1

Lost Vagrant

Hello, everyone at h2g2! First off, the basics: My researcher number is 195902, and my nickname is Lost Vagrant. I think that I'd be a great sub-editor because I have a strong love of writing, writing pieces, and anything to do with writing and information. I'm hooked on this site and it's contents, and I think it's one of the better websites out there. No, that was not sucking up smiley - smiley I think that I could contribute, and gain experience for myself, as well as having a great time. At the school I attend, English and Writing classes are largely downplayed as the classes that everybody hates, and the instructors act like they're just there for the money. I think being a sub-editor would give me more experience and allow for more improvement than any of those stodgy professors could. I desire to be a writer when I grow up; nothing else would satisfy me more. I admit my credentials aren't impressive: I only have basic editing skills (self-taught) but my spelling skills are superb. I really do have a saturnine love of writing and the english language. I tend to get a bit verbose- please consider me!


I am ready for this job!

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

We certainly will! First of all it would be a good idea to fill in your Personal Space so that the Community can get chatting to you and you can get to know them too - they're a friendly bunch and are bound to make you feel welcome. To help you become familiar with the editing process, it would be a good idea for you to spend some time in Peer Review so you can become acquainted with the sorts of entries that go into the Edited Guide.

I'll add your name to the list of prospective Subs and will let you know when I'm doing my next round of recruitment smiley - ok


I am ready for this job!

Post 3

Lost Vagrant

Superlative smiley - smiley Thank you.


I am ready for this job!

Post 4

World Service Memoryshare team

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more