A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

HHGG Shareware

Post 1

shortsugar

In the Douglas Adams website, Richard ... mentions that The Digital Village is in the process of developing a shareware version of the original text Infocom "Guide" game. I have searched this website and can find no reference. Can you tell me more about it? Is it available? I apologize if this entry is not appropriate for your "category", but I couldn't find a better place to ask the questions. I thank you in advance for your prompt response. Also, are you able to email the answer to me? This is my first visit to your website and I probably won't be a frequent visitor. Thank you again.
Kelly McKenzie
[email protected]


HHGG Shareware

Post 2

MaW

Well then welcome to h2g2, and I hope you do come back and get involved with anything you find that looks interesting. That's what I did, and look at all those weird titles I got as a result! Anyway, as an eagle-eyed Guru I spotted your post and...

1) Ask h2g2 would probably have been a better place for this question, but it doesn't matter all that much. The reason it would be a better place is because more of the community at large read it, as well as the staff at the Towers, so you're more likely to get a reply. And if the Towers don't see it, the Gurus will and we'll pester them until they give us an answer
2) I don't know if the game's been released, but I want it too! Because you couldn't find it, and I don't know about it (and I'm keeping an eye out for it) I assume it hasn't been. Hopefully work is continuing and the site isn't just hideously out of date.
3) Don't blame h2g2 for it - they don't run douglasadams.com smiley - smiley

So sorry I couldn't be more useful, but... I just had to answer your question somehow. Please stay!!


HHGG Shareware

Post 3

h2g2Support

We did have plans to release it shareware, but it hasn't come to pass because of copyright issues, and time.

There are currently no plans to release it, but I don't know if this will change.

It would be a great thing to do if we could do it... but if you assume that it is on hold and that nothing happened, then that's probably the best way to avoid disappointment. It is, after all, not an h2g2 product...

Mark


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more