Nachos Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Nachos

3 Conversations

Nachos are believed by some to be nature's most perfect food, containing fresh vegetables, meat, and dairy produce all in the one easily manageable package.

They consist of tortilla chips1 heaped high with refried beans, shredded chicken or beef, and an entirely unreasonable amount of cheese. Next, this whole mess gets tossed under the grill/broiler for a few minutes to get all hot and bubbly.

Once hot and bubbly status is achieved, allow the nachos to cool for just a few moments. Then top them off with your choice of fresh ingredients: lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, olives, mushrooms, chilies, peppers, salsa... whatever your little heart desires.

What to Drink with Nachos

For best results, serve with a nice Mexican beer, like the dark Negra Modelo. A frosty pitcher of Marguaritas2 works well, too.

Places to Get Good Nachos

If you're not up for making your nachos at home, you can find them at many restaurants, although quality does vary. Good nachos can be found at Little Tijuana in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Some other notable restaurant chains include the Rock Bottom Brewery, Chilis, and Taco Bell.

Be warned; a diet rich in nachos may lead to a bigger waistline. There is no such thing as a low-calorie nacho, fat-free nacho, or nacho-lite. Even in America, the country that brought you alcohol-free beer and decaffeinated coffee, some things are still sacred.

1A thin disk of unleavened bread, basically flour and water with spicy flavourings, grilled to crispness.2A type of cocktail based on tequila.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A388226

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more