A Conversation for Did I Leave The Iron On?

More Am sports...

Post 1

quizzical

Norway's Robert Sorlie won the Iditarod yesterday, his second victory in only three tries. For winning the race, Sorlie will receive $US 72,000 and a pickup truck. (Everybody needs a pickup truck. smiley - smiley)

Re: baseball, the US Congress has begun holding hearings into the use of steroids by baseball players. Some of the big names, such as Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa, have received subpoenas and must appear to answer questions. (Personal opinion alert! I wish Congress would concentrate on fixing Social Security, Medicare and our stupid energy policy, and let baseball fix itself. I certainly don't support the use of steroids - it's cheating and they damage the user's health - but the players are adults who are responsible for their own behaviour.)

This is quizzical, going back to figure skating...smiley - cheers


More Am sports...

Post 2

several, a/k/a random

.....and all the lawyers are logging up billable hours debating whether or not baseball players are subject to congressional subpoenas. who wins ? not baseball, not the taxpayers, that's for sure ! (and i'm wondering whether the Iditarod people test sled dogs for drugs.....)
smiley - musicalnote


More Am sports...

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

ah yes, some further Iditarod details.....Sorlie, age 47, is a firefighter, and a three-time Norway 600-mile Finnmarkslopet sledding race winner. his winning time in Alaska was nine days, 18 hours, 39 minutes and 31 seconds, some 35 minutes ahead of the runner-up.
and the blind girl, Rachael Scdoris, did manage to cross the finish line, the AP account says.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Did I Leave The Iron On?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more