Take5

0 Conversations


Every day five or more newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way, and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine, it is after all a free country.

  • Aphrodisiacs or Other Things to Get You in the Mood. If the last time you asked your other half if they loved got you the response along the lines of "Love you??? I live with you don't I???" Then you may need to read this entry. Stop your lovelife been drab and boring, go on...you may even remember a time when the best thing in bed wasn't a hot water bottle.

  • Beavis and Butthead. Huhuhuhuhaaa this is like...cool, or something. An almost too short entry on these dumbass kids.

  • Oddities of English. A very bizarre entry on all the quirks of the English language. If you want lots of pointless facts to baffle people with at parties and make yourself look really really clever then take a look at this.

  • Porridge. Not the BBC sitcom but the food (yes I'm on about food again). This stuff is the food of the Gods, far better than that ambrosia stuff you hear about, and I aint talking rice pudding here. This entry tells you the perfect recipe...yummy!

  • Rhinoceros. An entry on these large, endangered creatures. A few details on the different species and some info on conservation, which can only be a good thing...are you doing your bit too help?

  • Riding Water Buffalo in Thailand. This only gets included for one reason, it sounds like fun!

  • Sabacc. I bet you have no idea what this is do you...neither did I till I read it so I aint gonna spoil it and tell you. If you do know what it is tho, you really do need to get out more.

  • Spaceballs - The Movie. What can I say about this film,,,it is a timeless classic and if you haven't seen it you really should. In the same mould as the more recent Galaxy quest but even more farcical, a must for any sci-fi fans collection.

  • Swords. Sharp pointy things, generally used for stabbing and maiming through most of the middleages. If you want to know a bit of history about this most basic of weapons, then look no further.

  • Web Safe Colours. Designing your own web site, want to make sure all the colours are right? Then read this and you'll have a much better chance of not screwing it up.


Shorty


26.06.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A377066

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more