Riding Water Buffalo in Thailand Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Riding Water Buffalo in Thailand

0 Conversations

If you are in Thailand and wish to experience the gentle art of water buffalo riding, you will need to bear in mind the following important points:

  • Get permission from the owner of the beast before mounting.

  • Don't wear white jeans, as water buffalo are usually covered in mud.

  • If there are more than one of you, be the first to try - water buffalo run out of patience after about four attempts.

  • Hold your legs out of way of the buffalo's horns, as they are very sharp.

  • When you have been thrown off and you are sitting in the rice-paddy, don't lose sight of the water buffalo. If it turns and looks at you maliciously, run, very fast, and in the opposite direction.

  • Have a bag of frozen peas ready to sit on to reduce the discomfort of a bruised posterior. There is no remedy, however, for hurt pride.

  • This is not a recommended activity if you are intending to keep a low profile in the area, as it will generally attract the attention of the entire population of the surrounding village.

Riding water buffalo is not common practice in Thailand.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A311563

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more