A Conversation for How to eat Weisswurst

Wurst, Wurst, Wurst

Post 1

Weird Sister

Excellent article! Although I wouldn't agree on that mustard business. I know, I know. Bavarian tradition. Gimme a Weißwurst every time. But if it comes with sweet mustard, you might just as well hand me a bucket... It may not be socially accepted, but WW is great with normal mustard.
One detail I find missing: What's the deal with the proper time of day? Can you, or can't you eat WW after noon? You might want to insert a few words about 'Weißwurstfrühstück'...


Wurst, Wurst, Wurst

Post 2

XRGon

I won't argue here about which mustard tastes best. My intention was to describe the correct way of eating Weisswurst. In deed some people - even Bavarian people - don't eat their Weisswurst with 'Weisswurst mustard'. If you do this privately it will be no problem, but you might get a problem when explicitely ordering Weisswurst with 'half hot mustard' in a Bavarian public house. At least you will get that bewildered glare I mentioned.

Your point about the correct time of day for eating Weisswurst is very good. At least it should be added that there is still the opinion that Weisswurst should be eaten before noon. This has a historical reason: in former times the keeping quality for Weisswurst was not as good as it is today. So not eating Weisswurst after noon was a wise decision in former times. Nowadays this is no longer a problem due to major improvements in food production technology.
So it is up you if you like to stick to the tradition or if you trust in improved food quality smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for How to eat Weisswurst

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more