A Conversation for Slayerville

Brilliant

Post 1

semper_paratus

The page looks fantastic, and a great little story to lead us in. I look forward to further conversations with you guys.

As many of you know there's going to be a couple of conventions coming up soon, one of which is in September and is run by starfury, their web site address is at http://www.starfury.co.uk, I will be going to Prime as Nick Brendon is going and they have advertised it as their last Buffy convention in the UK. Tickets are £75.00.

There is another in Scotland, this particular event is called Hush, their web address is http://www.phoenix-events-scotland.co.uk, with about half a dozen guests including Anthony Head. Tickets are £85.00 to £500.00 per person. The Gold ticket (As they call it) does include accomodation, VIP access to all areas and autographs.

For those of you that know about London Expo, Robia LaMorte is going this time round and may well be worth the visit, if for nothing else but her autograph.

Anyway, good luck with the new site, hope to catch up with you all soon.

smiley - biggrin Xander


Brilliant

Post 2

Otus Nycteus

smiley - blush


Brilliant

Post 3

Carlyle Ferris

Well done O wise one. I have put a link to this page from DrFerris to make it easier to find. Hopefully the Lost Chilldren of Buffy will find their way home.

PS. Must Have pictures on Slayerville. Need Willow pictures for survival.

C


Brilliant

Post 4

semper_paratus

Would love to have some pictures, only problem is that the powers that be, namely the moderators wont allow it. We tried it way back when with the Willow society and ended up with the entire page being put into moderation for breaking the house rules. Best you can hpe for is community art requests, like the pictures I have on the admiration society.

Now that TB is gone though, try and have a word with one of the italics and see if they can persuade the big bods to allow us to have them. You never know!

smiley - biggrin Xander


Brilliant

Post 5

Mrs Liotta

It's really great Nite Owl. Well done with the page.smiley - smiley


Brilliant

Post 6

Staker Boi

Great stuff, Nite_Owl! It was a long trek to find Slayerville, but I feel at home already. Everything's so bright here, though, I think I might have to wear shades for a while until I can adjust....... smiley - cool


Brilliant

Post 7

Bud_White

Wow, finally, an oasis in the desert.

Seriously, great page, though, Nite_Owl - and a great story. I think I got the best part, anywaysmiley - smiley.

Now, remember, no running indoors here, or the Sherriff'll come a'callingsmiley - smiley


Brilliant

Post 8

Otus Nycteus

Thank you, thank you very much. [takes a bow]


Brilliant

Post 9

HonestIago

smiley - applause Long live Slayerville!
smiley - bubbly Iago


Brilliant

Post 10

Ava Vargas

Great intro indeed, makes one feel right at home (bit of hollow laughter), if only it weren't for the brightness scaring away those who live by night. Used to the stylish red-and-black of Talk Buffy, this feels a bit like W&H's white room, which can never be a good thing.
Anyway, it's great to be back, knowing that there still is a place for us, inveterate buffaholics, to flock to, where everybody knows your name etc. Makes the closing down of our mothership seem less like the definitive, inevitable end of an era. Clearly we're not left in the dark (heh, heh), and things might not be that bad after all. (Not that bad? It's the uber-suck!) I've missed you guys loads, but will be brief for a change, as I have a lot of catching up to do, reading all those posts from conversations past.
Believe you me, Slayerfans, qui sono leones!


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 11

Kat

I don't know if anyone's on here or if there all in the BtVS appreciation society but I found this through Buffy.nu - http://www.slayage.tv/essays/slayage16/Bates.htm and I thought of Mrs Liotta. I hope it can or already has found it's way to her.


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 12

Mrs Liotta

Wow thanks! I'm about to read it right now. I've been feeling a bit down today but this will cheer me up.smiley - smiley


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 13

Otus Nycteus

Hello Vamp Advocate Hurray, you've found us! I was beginning to worry you'd been lost in the vast virtual expanse. Good to hear from you again. Just a few tips (if they're unnecessary, my apologies): - Have you asked the mods to transfer your page to H2G2? If you didn't, you can't edit your page, and no-one can post messages there. For a transfer request, go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F615?thread=602386 - The "click here to be notified of new conversations" function at the bottom of the Slayerville page is very handy; you'll get to see all new threads in your convo list, even if you haven't posted in them. You have found Slayerville, right? If not, here are its CPS (Cyberspace Positioning System) coordinates: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A3736839 Have a taste of my kickapoo joy juice and make yourself at home. :-) Nite Owl PS Now I'm gonna check out your link. Haven't been to Slayage in a long time...


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 14

Mrs Liotta

Oh yeah, I was gonna say I'm glad you're here but then I kind of forgot cos I was so excited to have something new to read about Dawn. It took me 56 minutes to read! It was great!smiley - biggrin


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 15

Kat

Yeah, some of the physcological terms are a bit involved but it said a few things you've said before about Spike and Dawn seeking each other out because in a way both of them were kept at a distance by Buffy. I keep thinking about what Buffy said in First Date about how we treat people affects how they behave and I think that was the key in a lot of ways to her relationship to both of them. Dawn became more grown up when Buffy (and the rest of the scoobies especially Xander) started to treat her like a young woman rather a child also tends to behave in a more humane manner the more people actually treat him like a person rather than a monster.


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 16

Kat

Sorry the last bit was meant to read - Spike also tends to behave in a more humane manner the more people treat him like a person and not a monster. I should read my posts before I post them really.


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 17

Kat

Thanks for the heads up smiley - cheers. I've just set up all the links so things should be peachy. Sorry I stayed anyway for so long I think I just got intimidated by having to re-set things up techinically. I had to change my password to be able to post 'cos I'd forgotten the old one for example.

Now I can find my way around here I'll probably be lurking on here more. Like I said I'm registered with Buffy.nu so and they posted a link to slayage - I find it's worth it just to get tip offs about interesting stuff. For example - Joss is going to be working on a Wonder woman film and it looks like there's quite a strong possibility of a Spike tv-movie in the not too distant future - both of which I'd be intrigued to see.


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 18

HonestIago

>>Dawn became more grown up when Buffy (and the rest of the scoobies especially Xander) started to treat her like a young woman<<
I disagree with this, I think Dawn was acting more mature before she gained acceptance as a Scoobie, I reckon it happens in the aftermath of Older... when Dawn gets rid of some of her hang-ups, she realises she isn't an outsider, she is more than welcome and established in the extended Summers clan, a group that becomes distinct from the Scoobies in late Season 4, early Season 5, though the two overlap in members, the personalities of those in either group are different, Buffy Summers has a different personality to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Xander Dawn's 'older brother' in the Summers clan is different to Xander, Buffy's 'white knight' in the Scoobies. I don't think Dawn gets this distinction until the end of S6 when she starts acting more mature and then she gets accepted into the Scoobies


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 19

Mrs Liotta

Oh yeah, because Dawn thinks at the end of OAFA that Buffy is gonna go out patrolling but then Buffy looks at Dawn and shuts the door. So I guess thats when she got accepted into the scoobies.


Something for Mrs Liotta

Post 20

semper_paratus

It's true that your family are not just the people who are related to you by blood. After the death of Joyce and then of Buffy, Dawn found solice in the guises of Willow & Tara. When they started to fall apart and then finally split, this almost devastated Dawn, the loss of one family is bad enough, then to start losing her extended family must be more than I could imagine to bare. You can tell the closeness of her relationship with them both after Willow & Tara get back together, her obvious elation at their reconciliation is clear. I believe that more than anything else, this was when Dawn grew. This and the ultimate death of Tara was the catalists that bought her from childhood into adulthood. Until this point she was still a fledgling member of the inner group, these moments guarateed her entrance as a full group member.

It could be argued that by this time Buffy was back from the grave, but Dawn never became that close with Buffy until the very last episode of season 6.

smiley - biggrin Xander


Key: Complain about this post