Take5

1 Conversation


Every day five or more newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine, it is after all a free country.

Durham's Ghosts. Ooooh spooky, everyone should have their own ghost, and by the sound of it Durham has a fair few. Find out more here.

Guidelines for Writers and Sub-editors at h2g2. Pretty self explanatory this one so I won't waste my time explaining it.

Minidisc. Another techy entry that grabbed my attention. Gives a good description of this replacement for the walkman.

Potato Bake. Food slot time, this time it's something better than turning your spuds into chips. Go on, be adventurous.

Shark Fin Soup. More food, but this time I ain't interested in the food as I think it is pretty brutal how they make it. What I liked about this is the old Chinese story that acompanies it.

Sigourney Weaver. A rather good actress, and this is a fairly good entry on the films she has starred in.

Stag Nights. Now I seem to have been on loads of these recently. (Not my own though yet!!!) Seems to be a fairly accurate description of the usual events that occur... from what I remember through the drunken haze that is.

The Hazards of SCUBA. Now scuba diving is something I have always fancied doing... until I read this entry, then self preservation kicked in and I now never want to even go near the sea again... be afraid, be very afraid.

The Stainless Steel Rat. Nice, comprehensive entry on the series of books which I have never heard of. I am, however, going to track them down now and read them all. I suggest you do the same, if you like this sort of thing that is.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Political mumbo jumbo, but if you want to know your human rights they are all right here.


Shorty


19.06.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A369191

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more