A Conversation for Desperately Seeking Password Creation Strategies

Passwrds

Post 1

Researcher 142480

I never had to think in terms of passwords until I went cabled up for the net and had to pick one for my e-mail account. Our computer is in the Drawing Room (the front bedroom), and this is the domain of one of our cats (the least current and strangest of all our cats). The cat developed a penchant for the answering mchine and things electroniK. So, it only made sense to have my e-mail delivered to ________, by way of our mailman, _______. Thus, the name on the account and the password. Then, I needed a password for my internet account, so I chose the cat's brother, _______. When registering software, it's something relating to names for American Indians from Disneyland, like "Big Thunder", and so on. When signing up for things I'm not sure I want to keep, I use the name of a cat who is a rival of the two aforementioned. And then there's h2g2, for which something relating to Speilberg"s mailman came to mind (you kmow, the "cute" stuff). But for the life of me, I can't remember my reseacher number. La De Da.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more