A Conversation for Desperately Seeking Password Creation Strategies

Rude words

Post 1

Dinsdale Piranha

In my office, the standard password generation tool is Roger's Profanisaurus from the people who brought you Viz. It always gives me a little smile when I type a password, knowing that on the face of it my password is not rude, but in actuality it's DISGUSTING.


Rude words

Post 2

Pipeline

My passwords are usually something rude too. I get a foreign language dictionary and find out what the word is in that language and use that. German's good because it's so guttural, but Spanish is good too.


Rude words

Post 3

philbo baggins

In the first Netware installation I was involved with, the chap who was doing the install set the supervisor password to "f**kme". Now either he managed to mistype it twice the same, or some Novell programmer with a sense of humour put in a check for some password variants, but it wouldn't let him back in as supervisor. Netware security being what it is (i.e. actually rather good cf NT hahaha), he ended up reformatting and reinstalling as there was no way to get back the supervisor account. oops.

Phil


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more