A Conversation for Running With Scissors

slovaks......

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

....got tired of being pillaged, plundered and burned by others and some made their way to the U.S. of A. but mostly only as far as what is now known as the "Rust Belt'. my parents have recalled both my grammas keeping chickens in downtown cleveland, while my grandpas worked the mills and such to get warm a few hours a day, at least.
now, as i stare out the belfry window at miles and miles of ice on lake erie, i wonder why they didn't move more south, but i guess some of us have ice and snow in our genes......or something.
smiley - musicalnote


slovaks......

Post 2

quizzical

I wonder the same thing every winter. I'm one of those tropical Vikings; the closest we like to get to ice and snow is the ice rink or 'White Christmas' on the TV.
And as for looting and pillaging, I seem to be on the receiving end right now (did my taxes yesterday smiley - yikes)...

I can just picture chickens in downtown Cleveland... smiley - smiley


slovaks......

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

yeah, and where they lived is now a yup-scale, trendy area.
two weeks ago i signed the property tax check on this place, so i can relate to tax issues.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Running With Scissors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more